Pajero Mk1 Tourer build-up

Cruisn

Adventurer
Well.. the woman is gone back to Canada for 1 month, so that means I have a bit more time on my hands...

So, metal fab projects all this week.

about 3 hours +paint to go then the roof rack will be good to go:
roofrack.jpg

roofrack2.jpg

Cruisn

Adventurer
Custom driveshaft arrived today, thanks to cam for picking that up. appreciate it. although the note was rude.. LOL.
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa409/cruisn066/Swap/******.jpg

ends changed for proper bolt pattern, along with balancing and straightening. new u-joints to match.

driveshaft.jpg

driveshaft2.jpg

And since I am having clutch issues with it leaking. I bought a new master cylinder, jsut waiting to order a slave cylinder to match.

master.jpg

Cruisn

Adventurer
Got my roof rack home, I like it, Looks good. thanks to dan for transporting it home while the pajero is out of action.

rack2.jpg

rack.jpg

It a tight fit... Can only back in, If I put on 33's and 1" body lift I highly doubt I will even be able to fit..

rackinstalled.jpg

Cruisn

Adventurer
well, its sunday here in Oz and I have been getting a bit of work done to the pajero. I have a full week off coming up so I am only doing a few hours per weekend. and a bit of custom fab on the weekend. works well for me.

I have installed my new slave cylinder, whihc now holds pressure. so that is another item off the check list. no photo of that, maybe one later.

I also installed the new drive shaft I got, perfect fit, looks great. I am pleased with the quality of the work.

installeddrivesahft.jpg

Moving to the outside I ended up test fitting my new headlight covers, to find that it has a set prior and now there are to big of holes to use now.
lightsurrounds.jpg

But they look good:
cover.jpg

Moving on I also installed the uhf antenna.
A shot of the front end: looking the part now. I am super happy so far. included is a test fit of my new roo light

wagonsmall.jpg

Here is a side shot of the lights, there a little big and protrude a bit. but not to bad:
lightfitment.jpg

Now onto the big purchase!!
58L aux fuel tank, with electric transfer, this one is a huge increase in quality over the main tank replacement. no spatter, great welds, good paint. I am pleased.

transfer switch and gauge:
fueltransfer.jpg

All fittings included:
auxtank.jpg

The tank itself:
auxtank2.jpg

auxtank3.jpg

With this tank I am now able to carry 190L under the pajero with 40L in jerry cans on the roof rack for emergency.

Cruisn

Adventurer
Thanks, I guess I need to do a large update since I have a lot more added, but since I was heading out bush, I slacked on the updates.

here is a photo of it all prepped for my trip.

pajerobeachsmall.jpg

Cruisn

Adventurer
Has been a while since I updated this thread.

I have almost finished the engine bay, I need a few sensors hooked up still, and to finish mounting the intercooler. but it is coming along nicely and looking quite nice

engine.jpg

engine3.jpg

Dual battery all wired up:
batteryssetup.jpg

Had to have a custom power steering line made up:
powersteeringline.jpg

I bought a fridge slid, nice to be able to open my fridge up all the way.

slide3.jpg

slide2.jpg

slide.jpg

Uhf mounted:
uhfsetup.jpg

Compressor tucked away here for now to see how I like it:
compressor.jpg

And had a weekend out. lots of fun.. except all the cleaning that followed:
pajwatersmall.jpg

pajhillclimb.jpg

snatch2.jpg

Cruisn

Adventurer
Well, the weekend is coming.. well not really, but its a great excuse to work on the pajero. tonight goal was a rough mock up of how the led strip lights will sit under the awning and to test light output, I am rather impressed with them. I will soder the wires and heat shrink it all so it never shorts out over corrugations.

In place:
lightsoff2.jpg

lightsoff.jpg

Powered up:
lights3.jpg

lights2.jpg

lights.jpg

A magazine on the ground, taken with no flash, buthand held so deal with the fuzziness.
mag.jpg

And of course a few goodies from milner:
new primer pump as mine was leaking:
pump.jpg

The mystery bag. pedal covers, output seals, pressure sensor, washers, the works.
newgoodies.jpg

And the biushes I need, this will complete my kit of all bushes except the upper a arms.
bushes.jpg

Cruisn

Adventurer
THe output is great on them.

Bit more work done, I installed soem new 4" speakers in the front, since the old ones sucked ***. these are a lot better, no photos though.

Then I installed some new pedal covers, much better then the chrome racing covers I had,

oldpedals.jpg

new:
newpedals.jpg

Some new parts came in, my 5 way manifold for my breathers, no more water in this guys transmission.. LOL
manifold.jpg

diffbreathers.jpg

Camp setup, got a new stove, along with a lantern. our campsite is almsot complete.
campsetup.jpg

Running the lights while cooking:
lighting.jpg

lighting2.jpg

Cruisn

Adventurer
Thank you, lots to do still. I have a shop stall lined up so I can put the wagon up on jack stands and get all the running gear freshened up, along with getting the wagon prepped for inspection for the engine swap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior