Petersons Ultimate Adventure Tundra

01tundra

Explorer
Oh, and what about your '08? building it up or STOCK? cant imagine

Well....ok.....I did go ahead and add a 2" leveling kit, differential drop, and some BFG A/T's......but that's it.....no....really :D.

after-1.jpg

01tundra

Explorer
Yeah, actually it went something like "OK honey, this is only going to be a work truck, I'm not going to do a single thing to it since it has a 100k bumper-to-bumper warranty, and besides.......it's way too big to take off-road anyways" :sombrero:

bkg

Explorer
Yeah, actually it went something like "OK honey, this is only going to be a work truck, I'm not going to do a single thing to it since it has a 100k bumper-to-bumper warranty, and besides.......it's way too big to take off-road anyways" :sombrero:

Uh....huh.:Mechanic:

01tundra

Explorer
If you ever get the pleasure to do the overnight trail ride from Sequatchie to Tracy City, TN…….be sure to watch out for the big hole on the right about 6 miles in :eek:!

10-4.jpg

12-2.jpg

15-2.jpg

01tundra

Explorer
Nope, it's in the body shop as we speak.

I was really hoping enough trees would fall to total it, then I could've bought it back and started cramming that 5.7L and 6-speed into the '01 :D.

01tundra

Explorer
In case anyone with a Tundra or Taco decides to run a Mishimoto radiator:

Not if, but "when" you get tired of coolant trying to leak from every possible place and hoses about to explode due to the 19 psi radiator cap they provide.......you'll want to find a 13 psi (0.9 Bar) radiator cap to return the system to the factory operating pressure.

Yes, a higher pressure is supposed to provide a more efficient cooling system, but no, it doesn't make a single degree of difference over a 13 psi operating system for our trucks.

So do yourselves a favor and run down to your local auto parts store with a $10 bill and pick up one of the following for a 1986 Toyota Pickup w/ 22R engine:

CST #7513 (pictured below)
Stant #10227
Napa #703-1443
Carquest #33028

And if you really want to build a dependable cooling system, throw away those junky *** worm drive hose clamps and order four T-bolt clamps from Summit Racing. The 1-3/4" clamps are too small (I know because I ordered them to try instead of the 2" I originally bought).

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SME-240200/

RadiatorCap.jpg

jim65wagon

Sweet.....

Summit Racing; that's like "Mecca" to us car guys; ah the days when I lived close enough to go to Ohio and just look at all the goodies I couldn't afford in that revered building!

01tundra

Explorer
I decided to add a new air pressure gauge in the cab so I could monitor the OBA system. I went ahead and took pictures of the entire system so I would have all the info in one place.

New Autometer gauge -

gauge2.jpg

Gauge1.jpg

ARB mini compressor and air distribution header -

compressor.jpg

Viair 1-gal receiver tank -

tank-1.jpg

Powertank and OBA system emergency backup bulkhead connector / regulator -

bulkhead1.jpg

bulkhead2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads