Petersons Ultimate Adventure Tundra

01tundra

Explorer
She's getting better every time I let her drive, I think chicks can keep a level head a little better.......where if I don't make an obstacle on the first few tries with finesse......I ask everyone to step to the side and mat it till it either makes it or something flies apart :p!

Here Andrea is during our Labor Day run showing all the guys up!

7816_577715127558_46700804_33633623.jpg

P9050022.jpg

P9050091.jpg

P9050127.jpg

P9050025.jpg

01tundra

Explorer
40's just arrived so it's going to be a late night for me tonight :D.

Installed 5.13's last Friday and also did a few very small mods to help clear them -

Had to lose the windshield washer reservoir that came factory in the passenger side wheel well. I already reduced the original size years ago by making a S.S. reservoir, but it had to go all together this time. Not a lot of room in the engine bay, especially while still planning on 3-linking the front and having to make room for the coil-overs, but I did manage to squeeze about one liter under there -

bottle1.jpg

bottle2.jpg

Did a little trimming up front on the inner fender wells -

trim.jpg

Dropped the rear bump stops down 2" -

bumps.jpg

Reworked the front bumper side supports to gain a little clearance -

bumper1-1.jpg

And slid the spare tire mount back 4" to clear the shocks -

spare-1.jpg

And the new shoes -

40s.jpg

dyogim

Explorer
Nice shoes!!!. I like the windshield washer reservoir idea. Looks like I'll be taking a trip out to Home Depot. What diameter is that?

EXP-T100

Adventurer
sweet D's :costumed-smiley-007
i am diggin your windshield washer reservoir. mine hangs way to low in the fender well, tire rubs on it and it freezes solid unless i put -30 washer fluid in it. home depot hear i come. How much fluid dose it hold?

Last edited:

01tundra

Explorer
The pipe is 3" Sch. 40 PVC. I have to double check the reducer, but I believe it was a 3"x2". I bolted a 4" Sch. 10 cap down to the fender well for the reservoir to sit in to keep the bottom from moving. Hindsight, I suppose I could have cut a 4" hole in the fender well (there's a hole almost that size already) and let the reservoir pass down through the fender well a little to maximize volume........oh well.....that will be my 2nd Gen design :sombrero:! I just popped the two rubber grommets out of the factory reservoir and put them in the new one - no sealer, no leaks.

P9260002.jpg

P9260003.jpg

P9260007.jpg

P9260008.jpg

P9260009.jpg

EXP-T100

Adventurer
looks good. It looks like yours hung down just like mine dose. I think i will make it longer, i wont at least 1/2 gal. But any thing is better than what i have now.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
The MI part of the UA doesn't come out until the Dec. issue so the pics aren't popping from here yet.

EXP-T100

Adventurer
Looks good with the D's on. what kind of mileage did you get with the 37's? how dose it ride with the new shoes?

01tundra

Explorer
Looks good with the D's on. what kind of mileage did you get with the 37's? how dose it ride with the new shoes?

On the interstate running 70 MPH I was at around 16 MPG. It actually rides a lot better with the 40's, think it's the added sidewall height.

Last edited:

01tundra

Explorer
Fall Crawl, Harlan, KY = cut sidewall, grenaded locking hub, beat up mirror, shot spring bushings, shot shock eyelet bearings, bent slider, more dents, less paint, lots of mud to clean off...............good times :D!

PIC-0104.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

PIC-0101.jpg

h1.jpg

tundra-1.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

ferry2.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member