Pics of your VAN! Post up!

mikeyt

Well I was thinking about going with the 6.0 cooler or some other after market rig, but I really didn't feel like pulling the grill and all the other accoutrements off , so your idea looked sweet n easy, also I was a little pressed for time, plus as you know there's plenty space under there to put goodies, I just need to build some kind of debris guard to keep muck out.

radorsch

Adventurer
Well, here we go again- Sprinter Navion for sale, new to me '13 E-350EB w/ Clydesdale 4x4. Currently a 15 seater w/ 25 gal tank, soon to be travel ready for 4:

I was wondering which Clydesdale conversion is on your van? It looks more lifted than the D44 TTB. Is it the D60 coil spring conversion or the leaf springs? How is the ride?

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
I was wondering which Clydesdale conversion is on your van? It looks more lifted than the D44 TTB. Is it the D60 coil spring conversion or the leaf springs? How is the ride?

It is the '05-'07 F-350 version with the D-60 front axle and coils. http://www.sportsman4x4.com/clydesdale/coil-sprung-dana-60-conversion/
It rides great, but the PO did retrofit knuckles and such (crossover steering, etc) to address the Ford stability control electronics (RSC??).
So far, so good- and it was a 800 mile test drive home, which my wife accompanied me and said it is possibly the best riding vehicle we have had- excluding air suspended Range Rovers. Quite a testament!!
I have a list of upgrades and a visit to Ujoint on the books- especially the Siena seats, larger fuel tank, roof rack, etc. A few Aluminess options (tire carrier and ladder), home grown front bumper/winch, and then interior build...

naterry

13 Cheeseburgers
Hey naterry, Pretty sweet. Any interest in sharing the route. I live close to Baja but never taken my rig past Ensenada. Need to go deep.

Thanks gents! Hopefully it illuminates the actual conditions of most of the main routes in Baja. It really only gets gnarly if you want it too (exploring smaller roads, lesser known areas, etc.)

This was our general route minus too many detours:

Crossed Southbound at Mexicali
Gaudalupe Canyon Hot Springs for the 1st night
Friend's cabana 20mi south of San Felipe 2nd night
Camped out in the desert by San Ignacio 3rd night
Coyote Beach in Conception Bay 4th & 5th night
Loreto to recharge and do laundry 6th night
San Jaunico NYE
Rice & Beans in San Ignacio 8th night
El Rosario 9th night
Crossed northbound at Otay Mesa

philos

Explorer
Nice folks at Rice and Beans in "Saint Iggy"
And I have some amazing memories in the bank from San Juanico on big days...

Sent via flux capacitor

slager

My 1991 2wd Dodge sportsmobile

I bought this van about two years ago from a guy that totally babied it. Everything works, even the crappy Dodge electronics. Upholstery is in great shape. Cruises smooth down the highway and have found it quite capable exploring fire roads and such.

Dodge B250
318 ci engine
3 speed with overdrive
Limited slip rear end
3 way fridge
15 gallon freshwater
Water heater
Furnace

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    576.3 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,466
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    519.2 KB · Views: 94
A10D3CE9-7A07-483D-AF07-ED1AD79EF25E_zpsc1qiavag.jpg

my 2006 1/2 ton.

chiliVANilli

Adventurer
brakes/ steering

That is exactly what I have been wanting to build! I would like to see a thread on this build for sure. How did you set up steering and brakes.
I plan on doing a build thread soon or post build of what I've done, but a few wanted to see how the brakes and steering were done.
Here is the steering with the Electric power assist from a Saturn Vue using EPAS.com's module to fool the computer. I used the steering column from an 89 Chevy suburban and cut 8" out to fit the motor in.20150804_110620_resized.jpg
Since my van didn't come with power brakes,I used the Hydroboost from a 96-02(I think) GMC Savanna. Then modified the original brake pedal assy. to fit, and was still lucky enough to use the original hole in the floor where the cap is.20150502_162319_resized.jpgOld set up.20150509_144818_resized.jpgModified set up.20150509_172207_resized.jpgIn place,old picture before I plumbed and used a Wilwood proportioning valve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater