Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Chris

Adventurer
Great feedback JeepinBear, THANKS.

I'll have more time to concentrate on something else now.

:rappel:

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Wow 4 pages already! Lets keep this going.. i know there are way more vans hiding on this board! Post up! Make yourself shown!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
FROADER said:
I'm very curious to see what else you're doing. You going to be at the Pomona Off-Road Expo with it again this year?

Just Onboard air, water tank with pump, reworked roof rack, a little paint, new look for the wheels, rear bumper, stereo, and all the associated plumbing. Speaking of which, I need to get to work right now! I won't be at the Expo this year.........

Last edited:

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
wesel123 said:
I thought so.........so um when you leavin on vacation.....hint hint.....and where you gonna park it so I can "long term borrow" your bumper..:jump:

Ummmm, never!! The bumper can be re created, I still have the template for the center section. It took us over 40 hrs to build that thing start to finish, but it wouldn't take nearly as long the second time around. (it would still be a major pain in the you know what)

Chris

Adventurer
Hey U-joint, I am about to take a deep plunge into a new custom roof rack also. I assume you are going to fab it yourself. I am in the decision mode of picking a fab shop that will work with me on it.

Looking for a couple of "cages" in the middle for bike boxes (military folding bikes) and solar mounts, lights, etc. Aluminess was my first choice, however very far away.

If you know of any fab shops in the upland area and want to pass their info on, it would be appreciated

:wings:

18seeds

Explorer
This is what i used to move from NYC to Colorado. Spent my first winter camping in it with 3 dogs and my buddy.

CIMG0486.jpg

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Chris said:
Hey U-joint, I am about to take a deep plunge into a new custom roof rack also. I assume you are going to fab it yourself. I am in the decision mode of picking a fab shop that will work with me on it.

Looking for a couple of "cages" in the middle for bike boxes (military folding bikes) and solar mounts, lights, etc. Aluminess was my first choice, however very far away.

If you know of any fab shops in the upland area and want to pass their info on, it would be appreciated

:wings:

I already had the rack (ORU Defender), I just modified it to better suit my needs. I added expanded metal to the rear and some additional bracing so I can secure fire wood better, and added tabs to the side for an ARB awning. It's hard to find good fab shops, and I assume you want to make it in Aluminum? Also, you have the Penthouse top, right?? What is the weight limit?

Chris

Adventurer
U-Joint,

Yes needs to be AL. and I have been told that it can hold a max of 200#'s if balanced. I think 175 would be pushing it, although I have had close to that up top with no problem. Have to be aware when raising and lowering the top. I suggest to all you manually help it along going up/down.

Kcowyo,

You are point on my friend. I have been visiting the Cal coast all my life, from the trunk of a car to well, now this SMB. The WR trail was a first for the two of us and it could not have been better, spent five nights out there two at white crack. Hiked allot of the trails and explored bunches.

I have just this to say...Oh My God ...I cannot wait to go back. We also visited dead horse point, did some arches and fiery fingers, then made are way back thru Escalante, and on home to sunny Cal.

Some day when I get the guts up, I will explain our trials and tribbs of an Escalante trip last year during Turkey week, which was almost a disaster. It is kind of a survival story and I would like to hear from the group how 'they' would have handled it. Here is a clue. Crash, bang, really bade break and had to hike out. :smilies27

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
ujoint said:
l_a18394c45591aef5ce9974b12606df89.jpg

l_44fa158278f0b914bfa4a23a8c9e93f7.jpg

I'm in the middle of adding a bunch of goodies to the van and changin things up a bit, so I'll post more once all the upgrades are complete!!

If a SMB can do this, then I'm sold sign me up! I'm really interested to hear (and see) about some of the trails you guys have taken these on. The more I see, the more I like and one of these may be in our distant future!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Miss R2FJ said:
If a SMB can do this, then I'm sold sign me up! I'm really interested to hear (and see) about some of the trails you guys have taken these on. The more I see, the more I like and one of these may be in our distant future!

I wish I had some of the features of the SMB's, but my van isn't one!!

alaskantinbender

Adventurer
Here are a few shots of our Alaskan grocery getter.
A work in progress.

On the beach camping and digging clams at deep creek on the cook inlet Alaska.

PIC_7674.jpg

PIC_7781.jpg

In the drive way after putting on some 35 inch tires.

PICT0203.jpg

Using the winch to hoist up my shop joists with my wench at the controls.:xxrotflma

PIC_4818.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle