Pics of your VAN! Post up!

DuRolf

My beast. A 1989 Ford E 350 Born Free "President" 7.3 liter IDIT converted to 4WD. Dana 60.

I am in the process of stripping out the inner lining to apply sound and temp insulation.
My big question currently is what type of heater to install. I am debating between a Espar D4 diesel heater, and a Propex HS 2800 propane heater. The Propex I am told is quieter, but doesn't put out the BTUs of the Espar. With length 18' x width 7' x height 6' interior, I think I need about 12000 BTUs per hour to keep the rig toasty in the wintery Colorado high country. But will the Espar make a diesel stink? It is too loud?

dcguillory

Adventurer

My beast. A 1989 Ford E 350 Born Free "President" 7.3 liter IDIT converted to 4WD. Dana 60.

I am in the process of stripping out the inner lining to apply sound and temp insulation.
My big question currently is what type of heater to install. I am debating between a Espar D4 diesel heater, and a Propex HS 2800 propane heater. The Propex I am told is quieter, but doesn't put out the BTUs of the Espar. With length 18' x width 7' x height 6' interior, I think I need about 12000 BTUs per hour to keep the rig toasty in the wintery Colorado high country. But will the Espar make a diesel stink? It is too loud?

Wow this thing is talking to me though I am not sure we speak the same language . . . .

flightcancled

Explorer
What a beast! Espar is nice just because they are more common. So more places to get it serviced and repaired. That and ford has an aux port built into the tank so the install is pretty clean and bombproof (if you don't snap the damned thing off like I did!)

Lumberjackyeti

Hey all, I've been a long time lurker and figure it's time I introduced my 1987 Dodge Quigley...its on the road currently and I take my 4 sons out pretty frequently to activities in it but Ive decided to put some time and money into it and make it what I really want it to become...but as it is now its got DVD, bluetooth, newer seats and rear foldout from a Savanna. The PO did most of the interior work and it's not suitable for my family of 6 so I'm going to be redoing it all.

landyachtcaptn

Observer
image.jpg
Nice! Only rig to tow an Airstream out and then go wheelin? Ready for lockers????

Airstream was feelin mighty comfortable when things got chilly on Friday. What other vehicle can you camp in, tow and wheel all from the same platform, that true versatility.

Lockers may be the next addition although I didn't feel deficient with out them. I'm torn between that and a winch.

dcguillory

Adventurer
Hey all, I've been a long time lurker and figure it's time I introduced my 1987 Dodge Quigley...its on the road currently and I take my 4 sons out pretty frequently to activities in it but Ive decided to put some time and money into it and make it what I really want it to become...but as it is now its got DVD, bluetooth, newer seats and rear foldout from a Savanna. The PO did most of the interior work and it's not suitable for my family of 6 so I'm going to be redoing it all.

Loving the carpet

86scotty

Cynic
Airstream was feelin mighty comfortable when things got chilly on Friday. What other vehicle can you camp in, tow and wheel all from the same platform, that true versatility.

Lockers may be the next addition although I didn't feel deficient with out them. I'm torn between that and a winch.

I'd go for the winch first! Nice looking combo BTW. You may remember me (Eric) from Expo East. I restored an old Sovereign right before I fell in love with vans. I have not needed a locker anywhere I've been, but I've used my winch for several things, but never to tow myself out. Winches are great for so much more. Pulling OTHER people, or your own trailer, or trees, or rocks, or storage buildings around on your property. Yep, just last weekend.

Johnsonjwj

Here is my beloved 1987 Toyota 4x4 van with its newly installed custom ARB bumper and Warn winch. I think it turned out pretty good!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 41

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998