Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Petrolburner

Explorer
The Alvord playa in SE Oregon.

20150420_110225.jpg

20150420_110429.jpg

radorsch

Adventurer
Though it was about time to introduce my van. I picked it up in mid January, but refrained from posting, as I'm pretty sure everyone here knows what a completely stock E350 EB van looks like... in white, too. Since I got it, we lifted it a bit and put a larger tire on it. Will be re-gearing and adding a traction device soon, too. So far, its been great! First couple of pics are of it still stock and the next few from our recent road trip.
Van in Hosp Grove.jpg
20150214_164712.jpg
20150404_121037_HDR.jpg
20150407_171511.jpg
4:2015 Van at Big Sur Bridge.jpg

kb3yeu

Camper Conversion Project Started

Just got this rig about a month ago and have been working on the mechanical side of things. Soon to be converting the inside to be a camper for the family.

20150421_200122.jpg

20150421_200142.jpg

Petrolburner

Explorer
PetrolBurner
How was BDS ride at the Alvord?

Also what did you end up putting down for floor in the van?

It was epic! I hand painted a sheet of plywood that I bolted the wheel chocks to with tee nuts. Easy to remove the chocks or the whole sheet of plywood. It's all coated in laquer like a high school gym floor.

20150409_222504.jpg

pfreeman

Observer
Though it was about time to introduce my van. I picked it up in mid January, but refrained from posting, as I'm pretty sure everyone here knows what a completely stock E350 EB van looks like... in white, too. Since I got it, we lifted it a bit and put a larger tire on it. Will be re-gearing and adding a traction device soon, too. So far, its been great! First couple of pics are of it still stock and the next few from our recent road trip.
View attachment 281585
View attachment 281586
View attachment 281587
View attachment 281589
View attachment 281591

Did you do the 2" maxx lift? What size tire did you end up putting under there?

Thanks!

radorsch

Adventurer
The lift is about 5". Its a bent I-beam set up, like Camburg, but I had it done at a local shop - Weldtec Designs in El Cajon. I just got it a few weeks ago and am pretty happy, so far (2000mi roadtrip 2 weeks ago and the van drove very well). I'm going to review it in my Weldtec Design lift thread when I get a chance.
I'm running 285/75/16 Cooper ATPs. I trimmed a little bit of the inside edges of the plastic bumper. They still rub the radius arms slightly at full turn, but it is minimal and I rarely notice it.

86cj

Explorer
New to the site, here's my van I just picked up, ridin dirty on the 7 hour trip home after I bought it.
1992 GMC G30 HD. Quigley 4x4, 5.7, just rolled over 20k miles. It was a sewer line inspection vehicle
and has a ton of camera equipment inside, along with the AC and a battery bank to run all of it. I
am looking forward to setting it up as a simple camper and motorcycle hauler.

VAN2_zpsor33zwyo.jpg

VAN1_zpswnywjydp.jpg

That is a great find! That rig has so much good stuff done already, and none of the spooky baggage an ambulance carries............

The roller cam TBI 350 should make all the idle hours not such a big deal, that TBI small block could be one of the most reliable engines ever built. "GM still used a real intake gasket". A fuel filter regularly and eventually cap and wires, stupid reliable............

Your van reminds me of the loudest 4 barrel carb and non stop adolescent laughter, we put a 2wd Van through amazing terrain only because the old school 350 could roar forever, (with the air cleaner lid upside down of course)....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78