Pics of your VAN! Post up!

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
I'll add my van in here, originally bought it to move cross country but i've always wanted a diesel van.

Currently it's all stock with 31's for towing and 33's on dodge 17's for camping, light wheeling and road trips. I've converted the rear to sleeping quarters with a dividing wall to the cab. We've camped in it a number of times. It needs a roof vent and a window or two.

11357974_918278698214020_626327075_n.jpg

11376597_788235021295647_804605318_n.jpg

jdharrin

Observer
Installed new Suburban springs and leveling kit last week. Ended up at 3" in the front and maybe 5" in the rear on account of the tired factory springs. Haven't had a chance to hit the dirt yet but the ride on beat up city streets is vastly improved. Thanks to the fellow AWDers on here for the advice.
new lift.jpg

agelessGIANT

Observer
jd your van looks great! I have been eyeing those wheels but have never seen a full set on a van... those 17" spares? Graphics look great too. I'm gonna do this same lift in the next week or two. What size tires are you running now and what do you think the biggest you could fit in there would be? Post more pics :)

calebmogul

Thought I'd share this shot of this sweet Chevy van I ran into in Baja a few years back. The custom roof rack was particularly awesome.

IMG_0805.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0805.jpg
    IMG_0805.jpg
    540.9 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

calebmogul

Here's a couple pics of my rig. 2003 E350, 7.3 turbo diesel, 4" UJOR 4x4 conversion. Nice camp spot near Whistler, BC a few days ago....the Black Tusk in the background.
IMG_0471.jpg
IMG_0463.jpg
IMG_0464.jpg

jdharrin

Observer
jd your van looks great! I have been eyeing those wheels but have never seen a full set on a van... those 17" spares? Graphics look great too. I'm gonna do this same lift in the next week or two. What size tires are you running now and what do you think the biggest you could fit in there would be? Post more pics :)

Yes 17" GM spares I snagged off of CL for my winter tires. Running 265/70/17 like many on here. Bet slightly bigger would fit with the lift assuming factory offset wheels.

86cj

Explorer
Installed new Suburban springs and leveling kit last week. Ended up at 3" in the front and maybe 5" in the rear on account of the tired factory springs. Haven't had a chance to hit the dirt yet but the ride on beat up city streets is vastly improved. Thanks to the fellow AWDers on here for the advice.
View attachment 292048

That is a cool looking Van...........I envy the headroom....

That lift should get you to places where the view out all those windows does not include any other humans..............

Here's a couple pics of my rig. 2003 E350, 7.3 turbo diesel, 4" UJOR 4x4 conversion. Nice camp spot near Whistler, BC a few days ago....the Black Tusk in the background.
View attachment 292087
View attachment 292088
View attachment 292089

Are those 33" tires? Any regrets going with the 4" lift over some of the taller ones?

Seems every one gets the 6" or 8" lift. I would prefer to keep mine lower and with smaller tires to make it a little less conspicuous. When I say "mine" I mean my future, yet to be found van.

calebmogul

Are those 33" tires? Any regrets going with the 4" lift over some of the taller ones?

Seems every one gets the 6" or 8" lift. I would prefer to keep mine lower and with smaller tires to make it a little less conspicuous. When I say "mine" I mean my future, yet to be found van.

Yeah, I have 33's and like you wanted to keep it a little lower and run smaller tires. I believe the 6" allows for a little extra room between the engine crossmember and the front differential. With the 6" and you can add the trac bar which also improves steering and tighter turning radius. If I was to do it again, I'd go 6".

lemauve

f9641c6aa9aadc1ce6cbeaf5a9b91c67.jpg
3b80cd660f6fc35fc0a5b9c47a664c3e.jpg
[/QUOTE
Sweet rig!
I notice a lot of vans from you guys in the warm places with dark coloured vans. I always wonder why not a more reflective colour? My first van was white , it stayed so much cooler than my current metallic gold/beige silver ford colour of my current one.
I have been thinking of getting a vinyl wrap in white on my pop top because of heat..

I agree! I have a dark brown camper van, and I don't like the heat in hot places in the van. Now i think getting white vinyl wrap is a good idea too!

calebmogul

This is an old logging road I presume, its off of the road to Callaghan lake. If you drive up towards the Olympic Nordic Jumping site Callaghan lake road is off to the left. About 2 miles? from the lake there is a road to the right that is quite steep at the beginning. Wish I could give you better directions but thats about all I got.

Gtdad

Adventurer
This is an old logging road I presume, its off of the road to Callaghan lake. If you drive up towards the Olympic Nordic Jumping site Callaghan lake road is off to the left. About 2 miles? from the lake there is a road to the right that is quite steep at the beginning. Wish I could give you better directions but thats about all I got.

I know that area. Im a film catering chef and I worked at the Olympic cross country site when I worked on the last twilight movie.(snow scenes)..
Thanks Im going to google that. Is that spot 2wd accessible? do you think? I have not got 4wd conversion (yet)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger