Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Fallguy

I'm in !

Hey there
I'm a newb to vans but have wanted one since I first saw an SMB years ago. Here is the starting point .... A new to me 2013 Clydesdale conversion with a V10
It's currently 3500 kms away , being shipped to me , as I bought it sight unseen !! Yikes !!
Well , it begins
I am grateful to all of you for this wealth of information and motivation
Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 54

limatangobravo

Observer
Is it ever really completed...

A decade later and I still can't stop fixing it up. Second van That I have had and certainly my favorite.

Attachments

• VANOM2.jpg
    VANOM2.jpg
    561.9 KB · Views: 98
  • VANOM4.jpg
    VANOM4.jpg
    521.1 KB · Views: 102

limatangobravo

Observer
Stock Ford step bumper with a custom spare tire and Jimmy can racks, I had the bumper coated with LINE-X like the rest of the Van. I would like to powder coat the racks one day when i get the time to remove them and send them in. I live close to the beach so it is over cast in the mornings, I will post some more when i am finished with the side ladder to the roof rack, ax and shovel brackets. Next year I want to rip out the interior and start from scratch. Trying to budget for that, only time will tell.
Thank you for the compliment, truly appreciated.

Vial Style

First time I've put a weekends worth of miles (kilometers) on...
Vancouver -- Duffy Lake Road -- over Pavillion, then on to Quesnel to dirt bike in the Wells/Barkerville area.

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

Leipo

going to the campsite @ Landmannalaugar, Iceland 2015

IMG-20150823-WA0004.jpg

Kenyi

Observer
@ limatangobravo.

Dude I really like that set up whit the stock rear bumper and Line-X coating Awesome van. Can you pm or describe how you made it looks really nice. The total for a front and back bumper from Aluminess is $4100 + tax and shipping that's way to much on bumpers for me.

limatangobravo

Observer
I will take some better pictures of the rear setup, can not take credit for the build. I had a Fabricator design and build it, I only installed the step bumper and line-x coating. I will post some new pics when I have some new photos taken.

Last edited:

devo 1

Adventurer
Just back from my van's first big trip. The van totally impressed me, the handling, brakes and power. The guy that rode with me kept commenting about the lack of body roll. Going out, it was getting 15-17 mpg. I think everything was breaking in and the computer relearning because on the way back it got 18.2. A lot that was at 75 on the interstate. I had eight people (I kept track) come up and check out the van in the five days I was on the road.:Wow1:
moto%20adventure%2015%20029_zpsleaejza7.jpg

moto%20adventure%2015%20036_zpsqiiqobww.jpg

My "onboard air" fixing a buddy's tire:
moto_zps787p0zqu.jpg

moto2_zpscznvzx3x.jpg

Just back from my van's first big trip.
moto%20adventure%2015%20029_zpsleaejza7.jpg
My first big trip - cross country, with my first adventure rig went over Monarch Pass as well, in 1984. The adventure "rig" had 18 speeds, as that was the most that bicycles had in the day:ylsmoke:
BTW - nice looking truck surprised more people don't run vans.

Jb1rd

Explorer
devo 1

Who made your bumper? You do not see many of the pre-runner styles out there!! Van looks great and glad you enjoyed our backyard :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78