Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Accrete

Explorer
... I used to have a crew cab F250 but found that getting into the rear with the camper was a pain and the thought of sleeping back there and having to get in and out of the bed pushed me to buy the van...
That is THE reason Cari and I went with the van. Prior to finding ours I had been in communication with XPCamper/Marc and were in pre-purchase Q mode and had a nice truck lined up...but we just couldn't get ourselves past the idea of having to get out of the living area/bedroom to get to the cab. Not that we could really _move_ the van in a hurry with a tarp/poles lashed to the roof! But still, the beauty of the ease-to-cab won out.

: ) Thom

Jsweezy

Explorer
Yep, I always loved trucks but vans are the most practical trucks, and usually cheaper too! Here are some more pictures with the new kit...

image.jpg
image.jpg
BFG KO2 285/70/17

mikracer

Adventurer
The interior is just going to be a basic "crew van" setup.... ...Totally glad I did but basically I wanna keep it as more of a truck with the rear room useable for hauling stuff as well as camping.

This is the reason why I searched for and bought a Chateau model. I have the second row captains in all the time, but the third row hasn't been in the van in a really long time. Allows for about 6ft of cargo space at all times and still be able to carry 3 passengers which is usually plenty. Best utility vehicle I've ever bought!

Jsweezy

Explorer
This is the reason why I searched for and bought a Chateau model. I have the second row captains in all the time, but the third row hasn't been in the van in a really long time. Allows for about 6ft of cargo space at all times and still be able to carry 3 passengers which is usually plenty. Best utility vehicle I've ever bought!

Definitely, it's so nice to be able to take care of stuff like picking up tires, going to Costco, stopping for lunch, and never having to worry about space or someone stealing your stuff. Heck I only had the 6.5 foot bed on my truck and hated hauling plywood, now I throw 4x8 sheets in the back and don't even blink.

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
Lifted Moby ******** (we call him Richard) the turtle top Duramax

IMG_20160518_165455_738.jpg208.jpg006.jpg010.jpg

Made some real progress on the big rig Moby in the last few days, lifted 2 " front, 2.5" rear, figured out a way to modify 2" longer heavy duty shocks, removed the running boards, put on some imposters, an alignment etc. This thing is now as big as it is long, has gone from wheel chair van to pretty intimidating. I'm having a vinyl wrap done next to break up all the white and hide the scratches where some "DAs" used razors to removed the last vinyl wrap. It pisses me off, if they had a $12 heat gun or just a nice hot day they would not have done like $2K in damage to factory paint.

I just bought a 2009 Duramax extended passenger van with only 10K orig miles and front end sheet metal damage, it will get the same treatment.

Accrete

Explorer
sometime back in ?1990? my wife and I took a test drive in a van (might have been a Ford E series?) on a dealer lot that had four captains chairs and a wall behind the second row chairs with what looked like a canopy hatch that opened inward. This allowed the "crew" to grab contents in the cargo area to some extent, then of course the balance of the rear cargo area was accessible by the rear barn doors. We almost pulled the trigger and I think we would have had many years of enjoyment out of a rig like that with our (then) young family of four. I still think the basic layout is valid.

: ) Thom

PS. "Richard" looks fantastic with the lift!! On a personal observational note ; ) ...I really like the looks of these moderate lifts (2" to 3") on the chevy vans. When I look at some of the extreme (6") lifts from BOR on the chevy's I think the fit is off. Richard's 2/2.5" lift is ideal IMO.

Jb1rd

Explorer
VanKrishna chillin with the new ARB awning I'm a little worried that the room attachment might be too short for the lift
960e7bc93fae1db7133ac84425e0964e.jpg
72b77a41a0cd77941a092cfa5c04d96c.jpg

Sent by magic, I mean come on really, pictures through thin air, MAGIC!!!
e42c6beb6ed7e042da04013354c5c6e3.jpg

Jsweezy

Explorer
Wow, congrats on the MG front suspension. Very excited for this kit to come to market. Van looks awesome!

Thanks! I'm sure it will be available soon. He's working hard to make sure the kit is as easy to install as possible for anyone that wants to use it and all inclusive so you don't have to stress over needing anything.

Jb1rd - I love that blue!

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
Moby at the Lake today...

009.jpg

Thunder storm rolling in over Vallecito Lake about 20 min ago... First time testing the lift on a rough road. All the new suspension stuff works excellent, handled tight, far superior to stock, soaked up the fire roads, wash board and potholes like they weren't even there.

Jb1rd

Explorer
It is 8' x 8' with the same size room that attaches to it. I bought it because my buddy has one on his Westy, bang for the buck it is def the way to go. I can deploy it by myself in about 2 min and another 3 or 4 minutes to add the room.
What size is that awning? Looks great.[/QUOTE]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998