Pics of your VAN! Post up!

DibblinNDabblin

This is what's on Grumpy.
AliArc.jpg
Wow that looks awesome!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

radorsch

Adventurer
It took me about three days of sleepless nights to make it through this entire thread and I fear that it will be expensive. I have noticed a handful of domestic vans but it seems that the majority are Fords. Does or did anyone else offer a diesel in a van? I know Sprinters but they can't tow enough nor are there used 4x4's in my price range. Dodge or Chevy? I'm sure if Dodge had put a Cummins in a passenger van I'd have figured that out but I just thought I'd ask.

Gregor

Fords have the most aftermarket support and are relatively easy to convert to a capable 4x4. Fords came with a 7.3l IDI diesel until 1994(ish), when they were replaced by the 7.3l PSD and then the 6.0 PSD in 2004 (mid 2003). Chevy can be had with a Duramax, but more limited aftermarket support... But seems to be improving.
You may be able to get a Cummins in a ford van at some point... Check out MG Metalworks build thread on here... Super sweet.

gwayms

Observer
1997 Ford E350 with Clydesdale 4WD conversion, 5.4Lv8.
Just bought it about a month ago. First road trip was to Hood River, OR last weekend. 7 bikes & 7 riders

Van Bikes - Copy.jpg

radorsch

Adventurer
1997 Ford E350 with Clydesdale 4WD conversion, 5.4Lv8.
Just bought it about a month ago. First road trip was to Hood River, OR last weekend. 7 bikes & 7 riders

View attachment 372588
What rack is that on back? How many bikes does it hold? Can you access the rear doors with bikes on it? I'm looking for something better than the crappy old 4 bike Thule swing away I currently have for my family's bikes. Sweet van, btw!

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
^^^ his van is sweet. love the color combos going on. would love to see more pix of it.

rack looks like one of the northshore setups, but not 100% sure... he will have to confirm. I'm curious if the front rack impedes vision at all. when I put our 4 place rack in front receiver it puts the handlebars right in my line of sight.

https://www.northshoreracks.com/

Last edited:
What rack is that on back? How many bikes does it hold? Can you access the rear doors with bikes on it? I'm looking for something better than the crappy old 4 bike Thule swing away I currently have for my family's bikes. Sweet van, btw!

if you had a roof rack and a bumper, you could make a 4 place bike rack that pivots off of both and swings out like a big spare tire carrier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears