Pics of your VAN! Post up!

DibblinNDabblin

My wife snapped this pic on our weekend getaway in Newport. Our first official camping trip with the van. Much nicer than sleeping in a tent!
aa72b8fc4f0bb2059b7cb9934907c44a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

lockedwheels

Adventurer
Just got back from exploring some ghost towns and scenery in Utah.
c3faefb6374a497dce710eac8c24fe06.jpg
332a77cf18c91a818dffd1342eafdf7c.jpg
b035828a1676ac6c73090a7b4bd3f8fb.jpg
a0f356345b034517125b7fe7e1297ef3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Your lucky you have a ************ alarm on that thing or else you would be missing your front and rear bumpers!! Looking good buddy!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

6pointslow15

#1 Baby Maker
'05 15 Passenger Express

We've had this '05 Express 4x4 with 80k miles about a year and just got our first vamping trip under our belts. Sleeps 7 (2 full-size humans, 5 pint-sized). 4 wheel low was awesome up some steep, baby head-strewn trails.
35383879432_0bfc988894_c.jpg

35383975762_3f502062e6_c.jpg

35164368920_ca325ae64d_c.jpg

Last edited:
I've been admiring adventure vans for YEARS, but never able to get one. Things finally came together for me this year and I started seriously shopping. I haven't found the "perfect one" yet, but I got impatient and decided to just make some compromises and buy one... have some fun, get some experience, etc. I've been driving a diesel truck (2011 Ford F250) daily for the last 5 years so I was naturally hoping for a Ford E350 w/ a 7.3 diesel in decent shape to do a UJoint conversion. After I missed getting a nice van a few weeks ago(someone was able to buy it faster than me), I got impatient and bought a local E350 Quigley (w/ a v10) that I can drive for a while for some upcoming trips, and take my time to find a good van for the conversion project.

IMG_7731.JPG

So far I'm pretty happy... it was a clean van and is in decent shape, and it fit in my budget. I immediately replaced a few minor things that were bugging me (the mirrors, new radio w/ Sirius, ...) still working on the backup camera wiring, cruise control, and then on to some bigger upgrades. I'm heading up the coast (from Maryland to Maine) in August with my wife and kids, so I'll be driving the van a lot in June to work out the kinks. We're excited to do some family camping. The biggest thing I noticed so far, is I really want it to behave on the highways a little better. It swims and weaves around a little and the steering box has a bit of play in it. I'm looking into some options (maybe the Agile RIP kit to put some Fox shocks and stabilizer on it?) to see if that improves things a little, but I'll be tight on time to get it done before my trip. I can live with it the way it is, but it definitely doesn't drive as nice as my truck (yet).

86scotty

Cynic
I've been admiring adventure vans for YEARS, but never able to get one. Things finally came together for me this year and I started seriously shopping. I haven't found the "perfect one" yet, but I got impatient and decided to just make some compromises and buy one... have some fun, get some experience, etc. I've been driving a diesel truck (2011 Ford F250) daily for the last 5 years so I was naturally hoping for a Ford E350 w/ a 7.3 diesel in decent shape to do a UJoint conversion. After I missed getting a nice van a few weeks ago(someone was able to buy it faster than me), I got impatient and bought a local E350 Quigley (w/ a v10) that I can drive for a while for some upcoming trips, and take my time to find a good van for the conversion project.

So far I'm pretty happy... it was a clean van and is in decent shape, and it fit in my budget. I immediately replaced a few minor things that were bugging me (the mirrors, new radio w/ Sirius, ...) still working on the backup camera wiring, cruise control, and then on to some bigger upgrades. I'm heading up the coast (from Maryland to Maine) in August with my wife and kids, so I'll be driving the van a lot in June to work out the kinks. We're excited to do some family camping. The biggest thing I noticed so far, is I really want it to behave on the highways a little better. It swims and weaves around a little and the steering box has a bit of play in it. I'm looking into some options (maybe the Agile RIP kit to put some Fox shocks and stabilizer on it?) to see if that improves things a little, but I'll be tight on time to get it done before my trip. I can live with it the way it is, but it definitely doesn't drive as nice as my truck (yet).

That's a really nice van! RIP will most likely fix all your problems. What tire pressure are you running? Some people feel they should run maximum cold pressure on these vans with E-rated tires (80 psi) and it will kill your ride and handling. You'll probably be a lot happier with 50-60 if not heavily loaded.

Abitibi

Explorer
You guys remember a few months ago when I drove to Portland with my buddy Lauren to pick up a rolled '06 E350 Quiqley? Well, her drivetrain found a new life. Lauren transferred it all into an older bus. Looks pretty sharp! 1480970420066.jpgIMG_1486.JPG

landlordy

1986 GMC Vandura 3500 Quigley 4x4

Cool to see a thread about one of my favorite things! Here's a few of my fuzz van during a recent few month trip from NC to Baja.

Attachments

• dirtroad 2.jpg
    dirtroad 2.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5169.jpg
    IMG_5169.jpg
    506.7 KB · Views: 84
  • FullSizeRender.jpg.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg.jpg
    524 KB · Views: 79

Forum statistics

Threads