Pics of your VAN! Post up!

MadMax321

1998 with Weldtec Baja Grocery Getter

5.4 V8
285/75r16
American Racing wheels
Working on the creature comforts now!!!:sombrero:

Just installed Baja Grocery Getter Kit! Weldtec Designs and Jeremy over there make a fantastic product!

Van 3.jpg

Van 1.jpg

#bajagrocerygetter

Attachments

• Van 2.jpg
    Van 2.jpg
    579.1 KB · Views: 86

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
Goodbye Richard Weed, We Will Miss You...

Sadly I had to come up with $20K in cash to structure things the way we need to start building a new cabin home for my family. We "stole" 3.25 acres of remote heaven at 8100ft 15 miles outside Durango CO with an amazing 360 degree view, south facing for wonderful winter sun and not hardly another house in site as the other side of the canyon is BLM land. I have other vans but Richard is absolutely one of a kind with all the custom windows and roof top hatches. I traded him for the view you see here, for a new home (at 50yrs old Ive never had a new anything, lol) I haven't told my daughters yet (I kept the RTT, am rigging out a lifted 2WD van for camping) but when summer hits and they find out Richard is gone I'm going to be doing a lot of explaining. A very nice guy flew out from North Carolina on 24 hours notice and drove over 2100 miles home without so much as a hiccup. Goodbye Richard...
060.jpg600aspen.jpg

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Sadly I had to come up with $20K in cash to structure things the way we need to start building a new cabin home for my family. We "stole" 3.25 acres of remote heaven at 8100ft 15 miles outside Durango CO with an amazing 360 degree view, south facing for wonderful winter sun and not hardly another house in site as the other side of the canyon is BLM land. I have other vans but Richard is absolutely one of a kind with all the custom windows and roof top hatches. I traded him for the view you see here, for a new home (at 50yrs old Ive never had a new anything, lol) I haven't told my daughters yet (I kept the RTT, am rigging out a lifted 2WD van for camping) but when summer hits and they find out Richard is gone I'm going to be doing a lot of explaining. A very nice guy flew out from North Carolina on 24 hours notice and drove over 2100 miles home without so much as a hiccup. Goodbye Richard...
View attachment 436053View attachment 436054

There are worse reasons to sell a van. At least you'll have the land and the cabin to point to. Dad promised me the '63 Triumph TR4, then sold it when I was just months from getting my driving permit. Haven't quite gotten over that some 25+ years later (obviously), but a trade-off for those views would have softened the blow.

bozwell13

Adventure Dad
There are worse reasons to sell a van. At least you'll have the land and the cabin to point to. Dad promised me the '63 Triumph TR4, then sold it when I was just months from getting my driving permit. Haven't quite gotten over that some 25+ years later (obviously), but a trade-off for those views would have softened the blow.

My Dad did the same to me with a 69 Mustang fastback, I never forgot it though it was probably for the better safety wise...

KeyserSoSay

Adventurer
I've been creeping around here a little while and...Well looks like i'm joining you crazy van people. Picked this up real cheap. Gonna throw an interior in it this year, an LS swap and front axle maybe next year.

^^^^^ cant wait to see a build thread on it

Ditto on that too, That is a similar rig to my Ford Tortuga bus and I look forward to seeing your work. (My project has been neglected lately due to buying a Jeep Commando that absorbs my time and money)

illking

Observer
last weekend in Anza Borrego
https://vimeo.com/257661520
pr1WcR.jpg

BjCrtf.jpg

Osprey!

Observer
I see some of you running lifts on your Econolines and using the stock bumpers. Does a high-lift jack work OK with stock bumpers? What's your solution for a jack?

86scotty

Cynic
I see some of you running lifts on your Econolines and using the stock bumpers. Does a high-lift jack work OK with stock bumpers? What's your solution for a jack?

Nope, not without tearing things up. You see, a hi-lift jack is a cheap way to add bling to an overlanding rig. It's a 'flag' for an overlander that can be seen mounted to a rack or bumper (or roof) from a distance signifying that you're in 'the club'. No one actually uses them. I take that back, maybe 10% of offroaders do. The rest aren't about to tear up their expensive bumpers or sliders with a hi-lift. Too many better options. A winch, a bottle jack, friends to help, etc. etc.

Don't think I'm bashing hi-lift jacks! I proudly bought one and displayed it on my last van......and it sat and sat.....and then began to rust. I sold it with the van because I knew I'd never actually use it for anything unless there was no better option. The several times I needed a jack I found a better option.

ben2go

Adventurer
I used a large bottle jack that I modified to sit higher on a wide base. It had a screw out top pad and I welded a piece of sch 40 pipe to the top to hold the axle. I didn't have a van, still don't, but it worked well on my '74 Jeep CJ5, 4x4 full size '74 Wagoneer, and all my Ford 4x4 trucks.

Osprey!

Observer
Nope, not without tearing things up. You see, a hi-lift jack is a cheap way to add bling to an overlanding rig.

Really? ****. I'm getting ready to have UJoint convert my van and I'm not sure how to deal with the added height when it comes to having the right equipment to change a flat tire in the field. I only had the circumstance come up once with my slightly lifted 4Runner and we simply built a platform with rocks. I assumed high-lift jacks were the answer.

RockRash

How i have use my High lift jack”
-I've used the handle as a sleeve on a bent weakened jeep tie rod , drag link more than once.
-gorilla taped and ratchet strapped to a straightened out folded tie rod
-gorilla taped and strapped to a broken track bar, 4 link
-Used the jack with ratchet straps to hold the tire and axle in and used a bottle of gear lube when broke the rear axle on a non floater To get off the trail, have used large tree limbs for this as well.
-used as a jack zero times

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears