Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Just picked up a E350 Club Wagon. This makes for my 5th van over the last 20 years. My plan is mild lift with suspension upgrades for driving quickly on gravel roads and Seattle's pot hole filled streets. Then insulate the inside, add a fold down bed and tie down points for motorcycles. Won't be a daily driver so I can have a little more fun with this one than the ones I've had in the past.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_2161.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_2161.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 65

mitchn06

14823d68fb822b4ee73ea4407a204ae2.jpg

2000 E250 5.4L Regency conversion. This is what I’ll be working with. Will start a build thread soon I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pangle

Wanderer
Thought I would share some photos of my latest Ambo project... Still stock looking on the outside but the interior is near complete. It has wood laminate floors, ship lap on the walls, 47qt whytner fridge, smart tv which tucks away in a cabinet but can also swivel toward the inside or outside viewing with HDTV antenna. The Solar is a 200w Renogy set up which is feeding the 3 ambulance batteries. So yes the batteries are not Ideal but it does allow for the ambulance batteries to charge via, shore power, solar, and alt. For heat there is the ambulance heater while the engine runs, as well as a small elec heater, and a Mr. Buddy running to 30lb propane tank. I will be painting the rig as soon as I get a nice day or two. Also still debating on the UJOR kit. The carpet bad is just to protect the floors while i was working on the inside. It Also has a hand pump sink drawing from 7 gal tank, as well as a instant hot water shower in an exterior cabinet which is fed from 2 6 gal tanks.

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6a3.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6a3.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 128
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6a1.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6a1.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 121
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6a5.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6a5.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 126
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6a2.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_6a2.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 117
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_69d.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_69d.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_6138.JPG
    IMG_6138.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 132
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_64e.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_64e.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 127
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_64f.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_64f.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 118
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_65a.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_65a.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 119

eblau

Adventurer
yeah that's kinda where i was with it.... it makes it look very conversion vanny with them on!

the window was stuck there from the coach house factory..... i kinda like how small it is but it also makes the rear bed area feel small when the shades are closed.... i'm not sure on the screen ill have to check that!

the van is really pissing me off right now, it's a 5.8 and needed a tps as it was grossly out of range so i pulled all that crap and realized the thermostat was leaking so i started pulling the bolts and they had that rubbery feeling like right before the head snap off sooooo i heated the hell out of them, one came out nice and the other one snapped clean off.... spend the last two hours outside in about 20 degrees drilling it and now i've got it ready for a time sert and new bolt.... what a mess!!!

Lucky j

Explorer
Should I remove the running boards on this thing?

View attachment 494440
Yes you should. Protecting fro dirt can beetwr be acheived by mud flaps. They are not even usefull to help you wity roof storage.

Only use I could see is that they can be a good sacrrfice noise maker when you travel rougher terrain. When you here them bending, that means you are close from crushing the rocker panels. But if you keep tyem, you have to carry the tools to be able to remove them if the only partialy tore away from the van while traveling.

All depen what you plan to do with the van! Nice find btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179

Members online