Pics of your VAN! Post up!

katoom400

When you call Quigley, verify your bolt pattern as well. The vans have an 8 on 6.5" bolt pattern from the factory, and Fseries (99 & up) have an 8 on 170mm pattern. So the answer is no, unless the wheels are coming from a pre 99 truck.

You are correct, seems quigley makes their own rotor with bolt pattern 8 on 6.5.

They also mentioned shorter lower torque arm casters @ $108 each that would help with the "death wobble"

deserteagle56

Adventurer
calling quigley today to get info on the trac bar.

regarding the wheels, will 16" 8 lug wheels from a f-series truck fit?

deserteagle: Do you have pictures of your quigley?

Thanks,

Andy

No, I don't have any pictures but I could sure shoot some. However, I haven't a clue on how to post them on to this (or any other) forum. Never did that before. Is there an easier/quicker way to get them to you?
As far as which bolt pattern for the wheels - on my Quigley the bolt pattern is the same as the Superduty trucks - 8x170mm. So the front axle is completely stock, same as any newer Superduty, which comes with integral pads to mount the front coils. I believe Ford started using this axle when their pickups went to front coils in 2005(I think). The upside of this is that any Ford dealer will have parts for that front end. The downside - the unit bearings. On the rear axle they installed spacers that changed the bolt pattern from 8x6.5" to the 8x170mm - and that also made the rear track exactly the same as the front.

deserteagle56

Adventurer
I'm curious to see your wheel wells (front) because I've heard that Quigley has been modifying fenders. I've tried to put 285's on several, and it never works without trimming.
I just printed the shot of Katoom400's van and went out and compared the lines of the front wheelwells on my van with that of Katoom's. They appear to be the same. I spent some time this past fall installing huge custom mud flaps all around on this thing and I did not see any spots that would indicate metal having been trimmed. It's possible that the plastic air dam directly in front of each front wheel has been trimmed back a bit, but that's all.
Darn! Guess I'm going to have to learn how to post pictures now!

katoom400

when you post the reply, use the "Manage Attchments" button in the additonal options, then upload the files from your computer.

EMrider

Explorer
picking this up on Tuesday!

Let the work begin...first wheels and tires, remove running boards and setup interior for dirt bikes.

1FTNS24L63HB54749-2.jpg
h

Very nice van. And if I interpret your screen name correctly, you own THE best bike KTM has ever made, at least IMHO.
R

katoom400

Very nice van. And if I interpret your screen name correctly, you own THE best bike KTM has ever made, at least IMHO.
R

Yes the 400 was the best they ever made, I had an 01, 05, and an 07, I now have a 08 300XCWE....the 300 is now the best bike ktm ever made...but that's a topic for a different forum...like mine...

http://www.woodsracer.com

I've got a lot of things planned for van, but money is tight right now.....first I have to get rid of the death wobble, then I can start thinking about wheels and tires.

deserteagle56

Adventurer
when you post the reply, use the "Manage Attchments" button in the additonal options, then upload the files from your computer.

Well, lets see if this works....

These should give you an idea of what 285/70R17 tires (~32.7" tall) tires look like, and the clearances involved. The closest a tire comes to a body part is about 1-1/2" and that's to the front bumper/air dam. I have deliberately tried to get the tires to contact the body by driving across a deep wash from several directions, to where one front tire and one rear tire were suspended, but nothing touched. I've also included a shot from the front so you can see how far the tires stick out of the wheelwells. You'll also see that I installed extensions on the flares because they by themselves weren't enough to keep mud (and manure) from being flung up onto the windows. And in the one shot you'll see that Quigley is now installing 2 steering stabilizers to try and control death wobble - luckily, I've had no problems with it yet but then there's only 18,000 miles on this thing yet. Lastly, I've included a couple shots of the control arms used to locate the front axle so you can compare with what is underneath your van. I wish the control arms on my Ram were this stout!
Thanks for letting me know how to attach these pictures. Now, how can I get the pictures to actually be a part of the message, not as an attachment? If there's any other shots you'd like, just let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_8193.JPG
    IMG_8193.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 2,071
  • IMG_8202.JPG
    IMG_8202.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 1,173
  • IMG_8194.JPG
    IMG_8194.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 1,006
  • IMG_8205.JPG
    IMG_8205.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 916
  • IMG_8196.JPG
    IMG_8196.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 858
  • IMG_8208.JPG
    IMG_8208.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 833
  • IMG_8210.JPG
    IMG_8210.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 845
  • IMG_8213.JPG
    IMG_8213.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 991

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
2002 E350 Salem Kroger Dana 60's 4x4 conversion. 5500 watt Onan. 55k miles. It was a government computer/camera van of some kind. V10. So far I gutted the interior and built a 19 gallon self contained and removable sink base. I'm using a Jeep CJ rear seat for the kids and plan on using it to tow a jeep to Moab. I ordered a new ARB fridge and have installed a Wavebox 12/110 v microwave and have cleaned up the interior. Yesterday I got the battery isolator wired up and will install a house battery as soon as the flooring is complete. Wish me luck it's a project!
8N vs Van.jpg

I got it up on my RTI ramp and hung the rear bumper. This is my 1951 Ford 8N tractor to the rescue!

Van flex 2.jpg

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Welcome to the portal! Should have plenty of room for the kids in that rig! You should consider a shackle reversal to get a better ride on those trips to Moab.

silentsamurai

Explorer
Hey steve. lookin good! How is that radio working out for you? Did that mount and antenna work out okay for your rig? Hope all is well.

Adam

cellularsteve2

Adventurer
Hey steve. lookin good! How is that radio working out for you? Did that mount and antenna work out okay for your rig? Hope all is well.

Adam

Hi Adam,
The radio is working out great-thank you for selling it to me! I really have only used 2m since I don't know much about HAM. I now want to get a hand held unit too.

Let me know if you need the book back to pass the test.

steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears