Pics of your VAN! Post up!

Loopie

Adventurer
BTW GB....can I have any part in planting the seed in your head about doing a diesel conversion into the Astro VS a VW project if you're set on diesel? Cool. Thx:ylsmoke:

sarconcepts

Adventurer
I'm not one to post other people's vehicles, but.. ...
while at the upholsterer's today, getting the bullet upholstery done, I was talking with John, the owner & main guy, just chatting back & forth about miscellaneous things when he said he'd stretched a van about 4', added a third axle, & finished the inside into a camper back when he was between 19 & 26 years old (i'm guessing around 1980).
I said 'I wonder where that van is now' , John pointed to the back of his shop, & said it's been sitting back there for 12 years with a blown tranny. I of course had to walk back behind a partition & piles of stuff to find this.. ..
john's van 001.jpgjohn's van 002.jpgjohn's van 004.jpg
john's van 005.jpgjohn's van 006.jpg
it's got a bathroom, kitchenette, 3 holding tanks, & need I say custom upholstery
under all the dust, it's in really good shape

www.bulletxv.wordpress.com

shawn_nj

Observer
A few Quigleys on the beach today.

brigvan.jpg

Funrover

Expedition Leader
This is my 64 dodge A100. I bought it for $50.00. Had not been registered for 13 years but runs just great. 93 k miles and the engine and trany were rebuilt in 1999. It was the painters van at the Palomar observatory and has spent most of its life inside the compound. It has a slant 6 170CI engine and 3 on the tree. I am going to turn it into a camper and put a lockright in the rear end.

all the rubber is shot.

9a4z2f.jpg

1r6c5x.jpg

replacement in the background...
ne9gcw.jpg

s1rs6c.jpg

I love those old A-series vans. I used to have a D-100 from that same era. Look into a 225 Slant 6, then take a look at Clifford performance. You have a great platform

RIDGE

Adventurer
My 1996 Ford. It's a Salem Kroger conversion and it needs a Ujoint kit. I already broke the front 44.

0423111127.jpg

vanandtruckpics006.jpg

vanandtruckpics007.jpg

vanandtruckpics008.jpg

vanandtruckpics010.jpg

Chris

blupaddler

Conspirator
Ridge,
Nice van!

I will play.
Here is a recent of my van...

Attachments

• P4180111.jpg
    P4180111.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 164
  • P4180160.jpg
    P4180160.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 183

brettf

Adventurer
My 1996 Ford. It's a Salem Kroger conversion and it needs a Ujoint kit. I already broke the front 44.

0423111127.jpg

Tell me about the fenders? Any more pictures? Are those the GlassWorks ones? Did you buy them to clear the tires or just because they look ************? (and they do look ************!)

Did you have to trim the rear fenders to fit those tires? They look biiiig.

I'm trying to stay as low as possible with my van but still get 35s under it. I'm considering the fenders to help with this.

dsw4x4

Adventurer
Brettf,
I ran 35s on my stock height quigley for a while with the fenders trimmed and no rubbing. I now run 37s with 3.5 inches of lift fenders trimmed and no rubbing. It will depend on where your front axle is placed and what rims you run. Give me a ring if you want to know more. I am with you, keep it as low as possible and get those tires to tuck for ride quality, handling and the best wheeling capability.
Ridge your van is sharp I like the simple interior and yes those gl fenders look sharp.
Derek

GhettoBago

Observer
A bit off topic fella's, sorry, but still van related and I'm really giddy about the project... our new $175 chicken coop/tool shed/greenhouse project! Almost pains me, she's straight as an arrow! Axles come off & landscape timbers bolt to the frame in the morning!

dsc0002gv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

dsc0006ed.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998