Pics of your VAN! Post up!

zchan88

Observer
Zchan- that is really well done. Extremely good use of the space in the astro. The screenroom looks great! The mesh on the windows are not my thing but other than that it is exactly how I want to set one up someday. What are those storage boxes in the back? Surplus somethin huh? I am jealous!!.....:drool:

The storage boxes are aluminum military cases. I bought them from a guy right here off the portal.

partsflyin

Adventurer
Aqquired a new project.

vanpic2.jpg

Bluechevy7

Blue Bomber
Blue 1 ton Chevy sportvan

blue van 60.JPGbluevan62.JPG1290432783885.jpgIMG00793-20110224-1055.jpg

Got the van for free, and that was contingent on me getting it running. It sat for ten years, before it was given to me. It has 83,000 miles on it and I have got it running and now deciding on which way to go. Sorry bout the small pics but here we go. May go up for sale very soon. All it needs is some minor bodywork, a/c charged and a left window motor. BTW, How can I raise the front up? It is 2 wheel drive. Any suggestions are welcomed! Thanks from the noob!

Meekerfam

Observer
86' 6.9l idi did 2500 miles without a glitch!

just moved with wife and I retired now, trip was from coastal washington state back to south of little rock, arkansas. did 2500 miles with a fully loaded trailer van weighed in with trailer at 17,100 lbs. Here is what she looked like

Attachments

• trip.JPG
    trip.JPG
    906.2 KB · Views: 171
  • trip1.JPG
    trip1.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 148
  • tripsierra.JPG
    tripsierra.JPG
    928.7 KB · Views: 207

Photog

Explorer
attachment.php

............... BTW, How can I raise the front up? It is 2 wheel drive. Any suggestions are welcomed! Thanks from the noob!

The Hummer wheels look good on the van.

Look for Otto-Max springs for the front. Or you can use the springs from the Diesel van. SD Truck Springs is an Otto-Max supplier.

Also, SuspensionMaxx sells a spacer for the coil spring. But they don't seem to have it posted on their website. Give them a call.

Last edited:

Hayduke950

Observer
View attachment 68644View attachment 68645View attachment 68646View attachment 68647

Got the van for free, and that was contingent on me getting it running. It sat for ten years, before it was given to me. It has 83,000 miles on it and I have got it running and now deciding on which way to go. Sorry bout the small pics but here we go. May go up for sale very soon. All it needs is some minor bodywork, a/c charged and a left window motor. BTW, How can I raise the front up? It is 2 wheel drive. Any suggestions are welcomed! Thanks from the noob!

Looks nice!

I just lifted my 2wd Ford E350 using coil spacers from Maxx Lift on the front, and Air Lift 5000 air springs in the back. With larger wheels and tires, that gave me about 3 inches lift overall... really happy with it so far...

Stockyard-004-L.jpg

Stockyard-012-L.jpg

before and after...

001-M.jpg
Stockyard-011-M.jpg

Jalapeno

Jean-Paul Gudka
Very nice, looks familiar! I love mine, had it now 5 months and we are having a love affair.... E350, diesel, pw, pl, cruise, flew to CA to pick it up. Hard to find! Maxlifted the front 2 inches, she sits level now...

Attachments

• Mr. VanKampin'.JPG
    Mr. VanKampin'.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 120
  • Mr. VanKampin' before.jpg
    Mr. VanKampin' before.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 65

Hayduke950

Observer
Very nice, looks familiar! I love mine, had it now 5 months and we are having a love affair.... E350, diesel, pw, pl, cruise, flew to CA to pick it up. Hard to find! Maxlifted the front 2 inches, she sits level now...

SWEET VAN! :D

Mine's a diesel, too; 7.3. Love that motor.

Hayduke950

Observer
I'm running BF Goodrich All Terrain KO's, LT265/70R17/E, on 17x8 pacer Soft 8 wheels... but even with the Maxx lift, this required a little cutting on the back of the front fenders; opened it up about an inch at the back corners.

Last edited:

Kursac

Observer
1986 E 150 Class B

Here is my 86 Class B I picked it up for short money & its a labor of love. It is very clean with no rot at all. It is 2 wheel drive & I have no plans to change that But I will make suspension and rear axle mods as time goes on

TheGroovyRig014640x480.jpg

TheGroovyRig015640x480.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78