Pictures of Expedition Motorcycles

atavuss

Adventurer
just got it yesterday so nothing but a garage picture so far........
its a 07 XR650L that I bought used. the P.O. only had it for 3 months and put 850 miles on it. it is still stock.
P8140307.JPG

had a chance to ride it off road a bit a couple of weeks ago. both pictures are near Blue Lakes off of highway 88 in the California Sierras:
an old stable:
P8290321(Small).JPG

an old log cabin that has started to collapse:
P8290322(Small).JPG

Last edited:

HiLift Jack

Adventurer
My new ride.

I just picked up this beauty, the bike not the wife, for dualsporting. I am amazed this is a 1989 model with dual plugs, 50hp and smooth as can be.

363389962_3Jfvv-L-1.jpg

b jeepin

Adventurer
i just picked up!

a 93 tw 200, i've been reading there a great bike to tool around the trails so of course i had to find one!

IMG_5396.jpg

:bike_rider: :bike_rider: :safari-rig: :sombrero:

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
HiLift Jack said:
I just picked up this beauty, the bike not the wife, for dualsporting. I am amazed this is a 1989 model with dual plugs, 50hp and smooth as can be.

363389962_3Jfvv-L-1.jpg

very nice...transalps were only availeable for 89-90 ....tough to find.

hawktoter

The walkin' mans friend
Here's a pair, Husky 610, KTM 520 EXC at Great Sand Dunes Colorado.
Traveling light with a weeks worth of gear. My buddy's on the Husky. I'm
on the KTM, injured and unable to walk. But, I could still ride.

misc916079.jpg

Oologah Lake, Ok. Unloaded for a day ride.

miscpics030.jpg

Coosa WMA, Montgomery Al. Riding in the 20's with snow flurries.

CoosawithBritFeb132008013.jpg

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Nice expedition bikes, but here's an alternative approach: The bike on expedition. :)

JoeHaulerwithTLR200.jpg

Can't say enough good about this old Honda TLR200 sorta-trials bike as a fun thing to take on your expedition. Doesn't weigh half what most "real" expedition bikes weigh, making it trivial to get on and off the rack, and light enough it doesn't affect handling. Serves as the go-for-help vehicle should the main rig get stranded, great for riding around the campground or making a little run into town (fully street legal), and much easier to ride on a trail or fire road than a quarter-ton adventure bike. The point being, at the cost of some lost departure angle, I get to have a whole lot of the fun parts of backcountry riding while still having the comfort and weathertightness of an enclosed vehicle.

Yeah, I know it's not the same thing (I also own an ex-Iron Butt Concours and an XR600R), but I'm convinced this "light bike on the truck" approach has a lot to recommend it, so I figured I'd post up a picture.

Last edited:

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Here's my 08 Kawasaki KLR650 on South Main Divide above Lake Elsinore today

102_3769.jpg

Further down on Killen Rd on my way to Tenaja and San Mateo Canyon Wilderness

102_3782.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan