Pint Glass for camping

Scoutman

Explorer
If you really want a camping pint glass, this is it:

https://www.silipint.com/c/pint-glasses/

They are excellent in all respects. Cold, hot, whatever you have. You cna even get them custom screened for your group, club, whatever you want.

I have 2 silicone pints now that were given to me as a gift but so far I'm not liking them that much. They just feel odd to me. Probably like other things in life, I like the real thing vs the silicone version.

C-Fish

Adventurer
I bought some sil pints and they sit in my cupboard at home . I don't like how they feel as well and the fact that the silicone picks up all kinds of lint and dirt when camping.

grogie

Like to Camp
I'm trying to move away from bottles for camping. There are more and more craft and good beers now coming in cans or can be filled in a growler, cans pack better in the fridge/freezer, and smash down small in the trash afterward. I don't mind carrying a few extra 'cups' and they can be used for more than just brew. Don't get me wrong I still prefer some beers out of a bottle but in all I'm trying to avoid those camping.

Indeed it's great that more craft beers are in cans for all the reasons you said. Not to mention in 16 oz.!

Plus, cans can later be burned in a camp fire. Oh wait... they don't! (Just a rant... That's what some other people seem to think as I've had to pick out cans out of fire pits before!)

plh

Explorer
Just wondering how many others beside me went and bought one or more of those Stanley pints after reading this thread.

plh

Explorer
I bought the double wall. Amazon ships quick. Enjoying a beverage from it right now.

Ballbearing

Observer
RE: Silipints. I find that, even after repeated washings, there seems to be some sort of aftertaste or odd taste added to my beverages. I got a 9 ounce "rock glass" for my Scotch and it's just not the same as drinking out of a proper glass tumbler. They are durable and lightweight though.

Pntyrmvr

Adventurer
I use a one of a kind, custom made Irish crystal pint mug from Dingle Crystal in county Kerry. Weighs over 2 lbs and is hand cut. Why take it with me and risk it? I love it as art as well as a container and refuse to make a hangar queen out of it. It won't break sitting on a shelf, but it surely witnesses more good times in front of the campfire. Besides if I do drop it, it may actually survive and what a story the scars from that episode would be.

"Talk is cheap. Whiskey costs money."

91AzXJ

Adventurer
A bit off the subject, I have a Hydroflask 32 oz wide mouth bottle. I take it to work to keep my Ice Tea cold but I've found that if I fill it half way with ice and the rest with cold tea, it will only stay cold for about 4-6 hours at A/C room temp (76*). I have a Camelback insulated bottle which will hold ice for 24 hours but only holds 20 oz so not enough for a work day.

C-Fish

Adventurer
A bit off the subject, I have a Hydroflask 32 oz wide mouth bottle. I take it to work to keep my Ice Tea cold but I've found that if I fill it half way with ice and the rest with cold tea, it will only stay cold for about 4-6 hours at A/C room temp (76*). I have a Camelback insulated bottle which will hold ice for 24 hours but only holds 20 oz so not enough for a work day.

Something might be wrong with your bottle.

I've left my 32oz in the car for 8+ hours with no ice and returned to water that is still cold...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12