Please tell me your favorite--or least favorite--Wrangler accessory supplier

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I'm looking to buying a variety of JK goodies--everything from grab handles to wheels--and was wondering whether you'd want to steer me toward, or away from, any of the the big Jeep accessory suppliers. I'm thinking more of the giant companies that sell everything (4WD Hardware, Central 4WD, 4WD Parts, etc.) rather than the vendors specializing in a few products.

Thanks. I figured that if I was sending money to some faceless company, it might as well be one generally thought worthy.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
4WParts has given me the best prices; Quadratec has given me the best service...
Tellico 4x4 has also been solid.

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
Good experience with 4WD Hardware, not so great experience with 4Wheelparts. Heard a lot of good things about quadratec, however, was never lucky with their prices or price structure. Price seams competitive at first, but depending on item they have additional shipping surcharges which they were not willing to waive, a pricing practice I don't appreciate.

But my all time favorite for suspension parts (and other Jeep stuff) is Kolak (Nick) no website, no catalog, just e-mail "Kolak at aol", tell him what you want and he quotes you. But lot of stuff from him over the last couple years, great prices and outstanding service.

gpwpat

Adventurer
If you have a 4 wheel parts locally. you can get some great deals. They often have coupon codes in the magazines. and local pick up is free. I got 20% off a cage and picked it up in the store the next day. so no shipping either. That is pretty hard to beat. Quadratech has a nice catalog. but I have never seen a sale from them. or a discount code. Last time I ordered from them they had my items on backorder for weeks. I finally had to cancel and just bought locally at 4 wheel parts for cheaper than Quadratech.

JPFreek1

Explorer
I know the owner of Rompalicious.com and I can tell you they are the best "small" Jeep parts company on the web. And if you call him and place an order and mention JPFreek, he may work a good deal with you just based on that.

Good luck!

JeepN95YJ

Adventurer
I always used 4WD Hardware until they were bought out by 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers. Now I buy from Quadratec.

To be fair, Quadratec and 4WD Hardware have given me similar great service.

I will never buy from 4 Wheel Parts due to their deceptive advertising. Regardless of their generally low prices. Specifically, about a year ago I was in the market for new tires and called them because of their advertised free shipping. They explained to me I need to read their fine print (FREE SHIPPING!!!!!! to one of our stores for pickup).

Maybe it is just me, but I do not expect to pay shipping if I buy it from a store or pick it up at the store. Free shipping, to me, means shipping, not picking up. I spent 18 years in the direct mail business as the responsible party for all our marketing. Never would I intentionally imply something that in fact did not exist.

(boo from me to 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers and all their subsidiaries)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78