Possible front bumper option for the tundra.

frodog80

Hey Benc. Just last month i was checking out an older style used bumper for sale, said to have been built by you. I love the idea and the styling of your current project. I'd def. be interested in one. currently driving a '04 tundra Double cab and not to far from ya i believe. Im in santa rosa. I believe your in auburn area? if ya needed some dimensions or what not.

Benc

Explorer
Hey Benc. Just last month i was checking out an older style used bumper for sale, said to have been built by you. I love the idea and the styling of your current project. I'd def. be interested in one. currently driving a '04 tundra Double cab and not to far from ya i believe. Im in santa rosa. I believe your in auburn area? if ya needed some dimensions or what not.

Must of been the one off the truck I have been using for mock up. He was selling the bumper I built for him a while back to get the new one. I do have several guys with the DC that have offered to come by for a test fit, I just need to find the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QuadsBC

Adventurer
We've been talking over in my build thread. The bumper isn't compatible with the factory skid. Once they have an aftermarket skid available the bumper should be released to market. Or if you want to build your own skid plate you can have one sooner.

character zero

dangerfoot
We've been talking over in my build thread. The bumper isn't compatible with the factory skid. Once they have an aftermarket skid available the bumper should be released to market. Or if you want to build your own skid plate you can have one sooner.

While the factory skid is worth something, it isn't worth designing a bumper around!

Benc

Explorer
While the factory skid is worth something, it isn't worth designing a bumper around!

That's exactly why the factory skid will not fit with this bumper. I wasn't going to design the bumper around a flimsy piece of sheet metal that should be replaced anyways.

The skid and some aluminum frame spacers are the hold up right now.

Like said above, if there are guys that would like to fab up there own skid I could have those bumpers together sooner.

rickashay

Explorer
Bump. Any updates Benc? My factory bumper destroyed itself last time I was on the trail. Replacement is becoming more necessary!

Benc

Explorer
Sorry! Been crazy busy!
I finished up the one for my brother in law and it will go to powder coat Monday, I still have not had the time to get the skid figured out though. If there are a few guys that want the bumper without skids I could probably get those together.
I will get some pics up as soon as the prototype gets coated.
Im going to have to figure out something soon as far as doing this full time as I just do not have the time to fill all the orders with just the weekends. I have about 30 rear orders, 5 fronts and several roof racks for the 100 series as of now so time is limited to say the least.
I know this is taking forever and appreciate the patients.

What's the issue with retaining the factory skid plate?

Are you hoping to develop a skid that will reuse the factory mounts or mount to the bumper itself?

Benc

Explorer
What's the issue with retaining the factory skid plate?

Are you hoping to develop a skid that will reuse the factory mounts or mount to the bumper itself?

I just couldn't get the look and clearance I wanted with the factory skid. I will eventually offer a skid that bolts to the bumper its self and uses the lower factory mounting points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior