Post Pics of your Defender

Coming along, replaced the head gasket, coils and shocks, 1 swivel ball, front wheel bearings, swivel pins and all the goodies, seals etc. that go with that project. and a new commercial battery today. It's my DD and it runs really well(knock on something...) Still need to hook up glow plugs, gauges and by the looks of the wobble on the new viscous fan it needs a water pump.

What's the verdict on your 2.5 NA, going for the 2/300Tdi replacement?

good, i am glad to hear. as for the 2/300 tdi swap i kind of like the NA for now. as well as yours mine is a DD. but about 2 weeks ago my timing belt tensioner went and ripped up the timing belt and bent the push rods :mad: but it should be on the road tomorrow and i will be working on mechanical strength and than will be buying tires and a lift. TDI swap is ways down the road.

gm13

Adventurer
On top of Buck Bald in eastern Tennessee this past weekend

Sweet locale and 90. Is that storage or a RTT up top? What type? looks to be a useful configuration.

killahaas@gmail.com said:
good, i am glad to hear. as for the 2/300 tdi swap i kind of like the NA for now. as well as yours mine is a DD. but about 2 weeks ago my timing belt tensioner went and ripped up the timing belt and bent the push rods but it should be on the road tomorrow and i will be working on mechanical strength and than will be buying tires and a lift. TDI swap is ways down the road.

Yeah, I read your post on that issue, glad it'll be up and running soon. I think I would have been perfectly happy w/ a 2.5 NA as I very rarely do any highway time up here.
Even when I am it's not at more than 55 mph.

JackW

Explorer
Sweet locale and 90. Is that storage or a RTT up top? What type? looks to be a useful configuration.

Its an older Maggiolina Roof Tent that I picked up used from a friend of mine. Its a little cozier than an all canvas tent and sets up in around 1 minute (flip three latches - insert the crank and spin it about a dozen times then grab the ladder out of the inside - ready to sleep.)

It takes just a little longer to collapse as you have to crank it most of the way down and then work your way around the perimeter tucking in the canvas before fully cranking the lid down and resetting the latches - usually about three minutes.

Great tent - very weatherproof and comfortable - it weighs around 125 lbs.

Yeah, I read your post on that issue, glad it'll be up and running soon. I think I would have been perfectly happy w/ a 2.5 NA as I very rarely do any highway time up here.
Even when I am it's not at more than 55 mph.[/QUOTE]

well i do drive quite a bit of highway driving, but the truck still cruises 60mph. and if i want to got faster i can hit 65mph. on a good day......downhill :ylsmoke:
but i was thinking of buying a 200tdi from a wrecked truck and than rebuilding the upper end and timing belt and turbo and what not than dropping it in. so it will be a project in a project

Steve UK

Adventurer
Its an older Maggiolina Roof Tent that I picked up used from a friend of mine. Its a little cozier than an all canvas tent and sets up in around 1 minute (flip three latches - insert the crank and spin it about a dozen times then grab the ladder out of the inside - ready to sleep.)

It takes just a little longer to collapse as you have to crank it most of the way down and then work your way around the perimeter tucking in the canvas before fully cranking the lid down and resetting the latches - usually about three minutes.

Great tent - very weatherproof and comfortable - it weighs around 125 lbs.

Hi Jack,

Yes great photo and tent, I too have a Maggiolina. It looks like you have moved yours forward for some space at the rear? do you have a side on picture to see what it looks like?

I am thinking of moving mine forwards to create an area at the back of the tent to have a small rack for my RV1 Oztent. At the moment we strap it to the roll cage internally which is not ideal!

Steve

Teemu

SDC10394.JPG
Taken 2weeks ago at russia, kola peninsula hibina mountains were you can drive up to 1145meters high point. As we did but sadly it was too misty weather up there :
few hundred lower it was clear view.

My second trip to that area and must say everyone should see it.
More pictures i took behind the link.
http://forums.offipalsta.com/album.php?albumid=4265

Cheers !

Teemu

JackW

Explorer
Hi Jack,

Yes great photo and tent, I too have a Maggiolina. It looks like you have moved yours forward for some space at the rear? do you have a side on picture to see what it looks like?

I am thinking of moving mine forwards to create an area at the back of the tent to have a small rack for my RV1 Oztent. At the moment we strap it to the roll cage internally which is not ideal!

Steve

as you can sort of see in this picture I moved the Maggiolina forward enough to have a jerry can holder on the rack behind the back of the tent. I'll probably put another holder on the other side for a 5 gallon Sceptre water can. There would be enough room for a tent or some other load without the can holder and I could move the tent even a bit farther forward if I needed more space.

Steve UK

Adventurer
Thanks Jack,

I think I will do this, Easy to move it forward just a little project to make a rack/basket to hold the Oztent.

Steve

Kkilo1323

IMG_6363.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears