Post Pics of your Defender

DividingCreek

Explorer
Neat shots Jay. Was it hard to fit the fender flares to the sankey ? They greatly improve the appearance. I fitted a cheap ladder rack from Pep Boys to my Sankey last week and added two crossbars so I could mount the ARB rtt to the trailer. It put the tent @ the perfect height and left it so we could access the fridge etc in the trailer bed-gave me some traction on that project now i want to do other mods like add a series drop down tailgate.

DividingCreek

Explorer
:Wow1:
Sweet:snorkel:

yeah the last shot in that album is as I drop into a deep hole. The 5 bar on top of that fender is 48inches/4 ft off the ground. As it goes under I was a bit nervous.... even in a tdi thats high anxiety time, I had water come over the hood and into the open bulkhead vents.

Rovers North set up and ran the rtv course and had gates out in the river-very cool. I had a lifted d1 there in addition to the 130 for my girlfriend to play in. My brother used the disco to compete in the rtv and swung way out in the river to be sure to make the gates and buried the hood-I was waiting for the gems v8 to die but it never missed a beat-lucky for him :Wow1:

rustyjames

Observer
Poser shot from a short trip to the Angeles National Forest with the dog last weekend.

Attachments

• D90 azusa.JPG
    D90 azusa.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 62

Howski

figured I'd bring this thread back from the dead. went hiking in Pine Mountain, GA yesterday and snapped this pic on the way out
d90.jpg

Dmljohnson

Observer
here is couple of mines
656ec8ce9bcf99314a9f0d4ae2e0e4b6.jpg

7c5cdb6a05ad67e73416fdeeaa2e790b.jpg

2349bdc8439f97eb427bd45a1e04f6b9.jpg

fbba67d1df1e83e2f4e44480a22e86b8.jpg

Dmljohnson

Observer
Yes he's gone (ZEUS)....theses r old pics from early this year....I did a tdv6 swap on it and I ended up selling...I think I swap 3 motors since I had this rig.......I'm building another as we speak....will post pics of the build....with the headache and aggravation i had i think i should of kept him aka zeus!!!!

Last edited:

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
I think it's been awhile since I have posted, my truck is in dire need of a trip and has been ignored far too much this summer. I plan on remedying that this Fall with a few trips to the desert.

Attachments

• IMG_0789.jpg
    IMG_0789.jpg
    527.5 KB · Views: 33

tommyd

Observer
I think it's been awhile since I have posted, my truck is in dire need of a trip and has been ignored far too much this summer. I plan on remedying that this Fall with a few trips to the desert.

your truck looks great. one of my favorite 130s ever.

Jitterbug

Adventurer
Here are some pictures of my defenders, past and present:

First is my 1996 300tdi 110. Unfortunately I got a bit 'out of shape' at a pay-and-play day. The old girl used itsown winch to pull it self back onto its wheels, ran perfectly and drove it around for the next couple of weeks until the insurance company declared it a repairable write off and at the time, i had neither the time or space to take on the work myself.

7.jpg

2.jpg

10.jpg

Next up is my soft top 1984 Land Rover 90. Not much left original on this, as it stands at the moment:

3.9 efi V8 (out of a range rover) with Wolf 3D engine management, Extractors, High flow exhaust
Front and rear ARB lockers
Maxidrive axles and drive flanges
Heat treated and pegged ring and pinnions
rear disc brake conversion
HD cranked and corrected radius arms
35 12.5 r15 baja claws on offset rims - extanded arches to fit them in
3" suspension lift with longer shocks and rear dislocation cones
Winch, winch bumper, spot lights
Raptor dash console

probably more that i have missed!

695de78b.jpg

105a9cdc.jpg

Finally, my latest aquasition, a civililan 6x6 perentie. Same drive train as military version, going to turn it into an off road camper for a big trip in a few year. I have grand plans for the build of this truck and am doing so with the mind set of 'do it once, do it right' so will be taking my time and cutting no corners.

B56E1825-781D-42BA-8DD5-E895FD32195D-10117-00000B59B8166FD2.jpg

A6465405-0DD2-4E1A-B024-92F31E61D4CA-10117-00000B59C27056F7.jpg

Nice pics and the one with the tiny water crossing:snorkel: Would love to see pics of the deep crossing. Thanks for sharing.
Here are a few images of my "Rhino Lady" a 1996 110 SW 300Tdi with some minor improvements (e.g. large intercooler, Proflex suspension, SD Full External, Sparco Pro 2000 Seats,....)

Transsyberia 2007....
The only vehicle to master the 3rd special stage in Russia which was declared undriveable by the organizer...
1096980.jpg

1096981.jpg

A small river in Mongolia, which was so tiny that it wasn´t even mentioned in the roadbook. The first river in the roadbook was another 7 miles ahead and was marked as deep...it was .)
1096982.jpg

1096983.jpg

Posing in Mongolia during a long liason stage...
1096984.jpg

Superkarpata 2008
After weeks of rain the roads were tough for the following vehicles. My team mate drove ahead on this stage and I followed in his tracks only to discover that the soil was already compressed to much and just gave way. Later I took the lead and he nearly slid down a mountainside :)
1096985.jpg

Halfway through the race, a quick team shot with my great co-driver....
1096986.jpg

...and an image from the prologue...
1096987.jpg

She´s a daily driver, too, even though she currently suffers a bent front axle and some other damages from the Superkarpata Trophy

So long,

Oily
I was thinking same thing and the next 3 years worth of post isn't much better.
what happens to photo's posted on this site ? the majority of the pictures in this thread are gone. Seems criminal since they were awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears