Post pictures of your Land Rover.

iveco4x4

My old Landroveland r

Hi all

This is my old 101 .... since sold on, diesel converted, detroit locker, unimog wheels, living accom in back

Photo was taken in Iceland

Attachments

• rhc-2004-08-07-105440717.jpg
    rhc-2004-08-07-105440717.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 765

oonimog

Adventurer
updated rear roof sides threw me off....

Hoping to do the same to my 83 this month- just waiting on me to paint them.

Actually, the truck is all original, no changes were made to the body, with the exception of the rock sliders. If you're thinking of the radiused rather than square corners of the windows, I believe it's because I have one piece doors (with old-style handles). If you have two piece doors with sliding windows, you'd have the square rear windows.

Regards,
Pete

05LR3AZ

Adventurer
Very cool...

Well Golly, I was going to pass on this tread since everyone has seen pictures of The Green Rover. But 2008 marks the thirtieth year I've owned my rig, so I'll do a time lapse photo set.

30Years.jpg

GRtopSide.JPEG

March 1978, She was a worn out broken down 109 pickup. I paid $350 and towed her home

GRgoats.JPEG

In 1980 I swapped the pickup top for a full top. She worked as a farm vehicle from 1978 through 1992. This picture is from around 1986. She was used to haul livestock, manure, fire wood and feed. She also served as my commute vehicle driving me the 45 miles to work & home over a mountain range 5 days a week.

GR_topless_1992.jpg

Most of those years she went topless during the summer months with the roof going back on just before the county fair in September.

In 1992 I sold all the livestock, my tractor and the gear. The Green Rover became a lady of leisure and I started using a little of the free time for camping

GR_mudrun_camp2.jpeg

Mud run camp ground about 1995 I set up my kitchen outside under a tarp (it was raining) and slept inside on the floor.

GR_preDormi.jpg

In 1996 I brought home a damaged Dormobile kit that was salvaged from a wrecked Dormobile. It took me a year to rebuild my trusty work Rover into a long range Land Rover Dormobile.

GRRedRock.jpg

I completed the rebuild at the end of August 1997 and immediately took The Green Rover out on a 3 month long camping trip to see how the conversion worked.

GRktichen1t.jpg

I put a great deal of effort into designing a comfortable interior that I could live in during any kind of weather.

GR_B2B4.jpeg

During the year from fall 1997 through fall 1998 I had a convergence of money and time (probably the only time in my life this will happen). During a 52 week period I was out camping on the trail for 20 of those weeks. I traveled from Jasper British Columbia to the Mexican border and from the Pacific to the Atlantic, making a complete tour around the Great Lakes, and spending a lot of time in the four corners area. It was about as nice a year as I have experienced. The Picture above was in Eastern Montana.

Since then I've traveled and camped in The Green Rover as I could afford it. The picture below is from my latest trip, 2007-2008 New Years on the Mojave Trail

Moj073Dormies.jpg

More trips coming

oldcase

Observer
Here is my 95 Discovery. I just picked it up this afternoon. Only 81 K miles, 5 speed. Most everything looks new. Previous owner bought it when it was one year old.

Attachments

• DSC02646.JPG
    DSC02646.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 404
  • DSC02649.JPG
    DSC02649.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 332
  • DSC02647.JPG
    DSC02647.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 330

Lygriek

1986 Range Rover Classic

Here is my 86 Classic. I have had it about 18 months, replaced my 2003 Montero. Has about 70k miles, but evidently most of those were on the streets of San Francisco, so the suspension was hammered. Put Old Man Emu Springs and Shocks, tore out the back seat (it sucked) ripped out the non functional AC and everything attached that was loose and rattling. Its a work in progress... a very lethargic progress. Some day it will almost be complete.

Attachments

• IMG_0224.JPG
    IMG_0224.JPG
    754.4 KB · Views: 331

AndrewClarke

Adventurer
Oldcase and Lygriek, you both have very interesting paint jobs on your vehicles. I presume both have been repainted since leaving the factory...?

I didn't know the RRC ever came with a white roof, and I've never seen that colour green on a Discovery, let alone with a white roof.

I had a '96 5spd Discovery and loved it, until my engine asplode. I think the RRC is one of the most timelessly classy vehicle shapes ever.

- Andrew.

oldcase

Observer
As far as I know the green is a factory stock color. The roof was painted white by the previous owner. The white roof works out quite well in the Florida sun.

Lygriek

I painted the roof after spending an hour sitting in the 100 degree sun, listening to the roof tick from expansion, and was actually surprised how much it really helped keep the temp down.

AndrewClarke

Adventurer
I painted the roof after spending an hour sitting in the 100 degree sun, listening to the roof tick from expansion, and was actually surprised how much it really helped keep the temp down.

Yeah, I've pondered painting my roof matte black for the same reason :) Just kidding of course, I like the white roof.

- Andrew.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle