Post up your drawer/storage system

WayTooMuchHutch

Mine is fairly simple and inexpensive but works great. Has waxed sliders and removable dividers.
9301807540_35fab85008.jpg
[/url] Untitled by davewillhutch, on Flickr[/IMG]
9299031173_0c61b39369.jpg
[/url] Untitled by davewillhutch, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:

almac

Completed storage system in a 2000 RR P38 - Where the spare tyre was located yielded usable space that is accessed via cut-outs in the base under the slide out fridge. A combination of Bundu boxes, Pelican & Doskocil cases make-up removable storage.

There was wasted space behind the spare tyre so last month I converted it to swing out with storage for two 5 gallon containers.

I really like your swing away tire fuel can carrier. do you have any closer pics?

wyota884

Observer
I built these last year for the LC. 36" slides, the one on the right is a double slide for the fridge and stove. The left side is the perfect fit for my Pelican 1550 with all my tools and enough room for recovery equipment and more. The steel frame bolts to the old 3rd row mounting points. The wood is 3/4" birch plywood. Cheapo automotive carpet that is already wearing badly. I still need to make a cutting board top for the right side slide out.
IMG_0458.jpgIMG_0511.jpgIMG_0617.jpgIMG_0612.jpgIMG_0285-resize.jpg

Wrek

I’m lost

I feel like you may need to at least box in the back side of the bottom drawer slides. Having only the sides to support seems like a bad idea to me once the drawer is loaded up with stuff. My thought would be that over time the sides will start to fold inward slightly causing the slides to not function properly? Maybe I'm overthinking it.

Looks like clean work other than that!

ckkone

Explorer
I feel like you may need to at least box in the back side of the bottom drawer slides. Having only the sides to support seems like a bad idea to me once the drawer is loaded up with stuff. My thought would be that over time the sides will start to fold inward slightly causing the slides to not function properly? Maybe I'm overthinking it.

Looks like clean work other than that!

Great idea will do that, thanks.

ckkone

Explorer
Made some more progress -

Glued on black automotive carpet from Wal-Mart, added more support on the back of the tray and added an old kitchen cabinet handle I had laying around. I also stopped by Cruiser Outfitters and picked up an ARB fridge tie down kit that needs to be installed. Other than that just need some type of latch for the drawer, will stop by Home Depot tomorrow and see what I can come up with.

photo_zps5a1e90e2.jpg

image_zps38f3fffd.jpeg

image1_zpsdcd6b8f1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger