Post your HDR pics!

MatthewThompson

Adventurer
_LS20060_59_58-Edit.jpg

IMO, this is HDR done "right". Looks a lot like slow Velvia. It's got true blacks, a clean white and even gradual tones with believable color.

alexfm

Explorer
Another one of mine. Im trying to nail down the realistic look. I think Im getting better. I brought out all the colors that were invisible in the original.

GEDC0057hdr.jpg

Original:
GEDC0057.jpg

Viggen

Just here...
Here are some of my HDR's. I use Photomatix to do the tonemapping.

Thats the reason I too use Photomatix. I dont like over processed photos like the way a majority of HDR photos turn out. Your photos are examples of what HDR is supposed to be. Giving you all of the highs and lows in the same frame. The ones that look cartoony dont do it for me at all. Great job.

1st try, I feel like I can try much more
kyle98.jpg
[/IMG]
Stacked images or a single image that you have made to look 'HDR' by brushing in exposure and contrast?

Last edited:

thecriscokid

Explorer
Stacked images or a single image that you have made to look 'HDR' by brushing in exposure and contrast?[/QUOTE]

I used LR/Enfuse free trial in Lightroom. I made virtual copies in LR, over/under exposed and had the original, brought out highlights, then layered

Viggen

Just here...
6046650481_cd404cbe3f_z.jpg

6046653377_78d1b9af14_z.jpg

This one is the Key bridge going into Georgetown. Last Thursday was gorgeous. The sky was so blue that the usually green Potomac reflected its color back up. The only way that the Potomac will ever look anywhere close to blue.

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
Here is one of mine. Not a huge HDR guy unless it looks natural so this is way over the top for me
Fence.jpg

TMPhoto

Observer
I'll search through my archives and find some HDR's later. I think the main thing about HDR's that most people don't like it people over"stylize" their photos with them. Its all preference. I try not to use HDR unless its needed. Rule of thumb is if there is a high-contrast scene you are trying to capture, one shot may not be able to capture all of the stops in the scene, THATS when you use HDR. Either way, some nice shots in here. My website is in my signature, the shot of the Altima and Liberty are HDRs

TJDIV

Adventurer
Been a while. A few of late..

High Rock Bay sunrise during UPO2011
highrocksunrisetime-hdr-L.jpg

Early morning kayak fishing after some Jim Beam
georgefishing-L.jpg

Same morning
danasunrise-fused-L.jpg

North Light on Grand Island - FJ40
NorthLightFJ40-HDR-L.jpg

Early morning salmon fishing in Lake Michigan - near Manistique
manistiquelight-hdr-L.jpg

Pictured Rocks during an easy friday pontoon ride :)
Size reference, you can barely make out a full grown cormorant taking off inside the cove...
picturedrocks-hdr-L.jpg

Cheers,
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78