Power for tablet

Umtaneum

Adventurer
A second vote for the Blue Seas dual 2.1 amp port. I have now installed 3 of these, one in the truck, one in the pop-up camper, and one in the jet boat. I am selling the jet, so I will be putting the Blue Seas ports into the remaining boats this Summer. Foolproof, they charge everything.

zelatore

Explorer
There is a simple solution. I do electronics installations on boats. Google blue seas dual USB charger socket and you will find your solution. Mounts in a small hole, available in white or black. Connects to 12vdc and provides two 2.1 amp USB ports.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Now as a boat guy you should know better.... ;)

Talk to your Blue Seas rep and I bet he'll tell you their old dual USB port was 'noisy' and caused trouble with some radios (VHF or HAM). I've also seen it not be able to charge some Samsung tablets.

Their new high current dual charger, PN 1045, 4.8A Dual USB fast charger is the one to go with if you're going Blue Seas.

loonwheeler

Adventurer
You are right - the older models were capable of 2.1 amps total between the two ports. So if you were looking to charge two devices at 2+ amps, the newer models 1039 & 1045 are the ticket. Internal filters, lower parasitic draw (15 mA vs 1 mA), and intelligent device recognition are nice features included with the newest models.

Gunner207

Observer
Never had noise problems with the dual unit but I really appreciate the update. That is what is so great about this forum - we all get the benefit of one another's experience. Thanks again.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
You are right - the older models were capable of 2.1 amps total between the two ports. So if you were looking to charge two devices at 2+ amps, the newer models 1039 & 1045 are the ticket. Internal filters, lower parasitic draw (15 mA vs 1 mA), and intelligent device recognition are nice features included with the newest models.

I was holding off buying a split adapter hoping something better would be coming. Thanks for the part numbers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12