Power inverter vs generator

jays0n

Adventurer
My advice: Use propane for as much as possible and get a battery bank you charge at home large enough to power what's left and use solar to keep it topped off.

Our experience with generators: We actually don't go to "dry" campgrounds anymore because of people with generators. Here in WA where people seem to have more money than brains we once camped where I counted 14 generators running at the same time, all starting at about 630am. Another time we arrived at a spot we have camped a couple times, 30 or so miles from pavement, to find a family with a small tent trailer and a giant generator running so the kids could play video games. As we turned around to leave and find another spot the guy was trying to talk to me but I literally couldn't hear him over the generator :( We camp/overland to get away from noise, we don't have aircon, heaters, coffee makers, crock pots, food processors, coffee grinders, televisions, generators or any of that. Propane and basic solar with a battery bank is all we need. Honestly, with just about everything being electronic and Internet attached now a days we look forward to our trips to unplug from all that. No matter how quiet your generator is I'll still hear it at night when there is little to no ambient noise.

e60ral

2016 4Runner Trail w/KDSS
Natural hearing loss with age is a cost effective method to overcome a persons affinity to obnoxious generator noise when camping.
You're lucky, mine comes with tinnitus so it's like a high pitched generator 24/7

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: WVI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior