PPCLI_JIM's Other Isuzu thread

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
water heater.jpg

So I have the other thread about my Isuzu trooper II Build restore get working. Well I also have this 97 Isuzu Rodeo with 3.2 Auto all Pavementy Princess Like . But it does have the Limited Slip Dif and 70 Amp Alternator, tucked into the options.
9ec34501-e12c-46b4-8204-f6c2e68ca7fa.jpg

I will be using it as my D/D but I also will be using it as my Go fishing set up until I get my Trooper II sorted out.

DSC00008.jpg

Last edited:

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
Its in GUC but it will need work . I want to tear the CV's apart and give them a new layer of grease under the boots. I also want to do a good under side inspection once I can use my friends pit. From there I will be doing little things Geoffinbc HD steering swaps , and making sure i keep it running. I had to pull the spare tire mount off the back end so I can take a boat fishing as I will be loaded internally ,. This is due to the fact I dont have roof mounts, that will be one thing I will be adding soon .View attachment 342303

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
Yup its fishin season. Rods on the coatrack all the rest of the kit in a milk crate. I went to Lily lake and tried out my free ⛵. Well i did a solid for someone and they gave me this. Thanks dude. :bike_rider:Its a 1962 Harbercraft. needs some TLC i took a can of stops leaks and sprayed the bottom rivets with it I will spray some more inside and that should have it all:chef:

13094191_512764002258158_2609991946334378103_n.jpg

13083237_512764022258156_3961760384140821436_n.jpg

13096016_512764048924820_2839790749240630863_n.jpg

Last edited:

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
13241289_521086851425873_2514150742048992522_n.jpg as the bottom was already off this was quick and easy once i got all my stuff together. took a grinder w cutoff wheel and zipped the top shaft the shock dropped out into my hand. from there it was pull the now free shaft with bushings washers and nut out. in went the new one the longest part of the swap was the fact that i had to use a combo wrench to tighten the nut on the shaft down . bottom one was easy with the impact wrench. the other side promises to be more of a pain due to the location of the top shaft .. Right next to the fuel cell.. this one failed at the weld

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
sorry for the delay yes you can but still have to grab the shaft i found it way easier to just plunge a grinder in there the new one tightens down then you can grab the top of it with a set of vice grips as it will be a while before i have to fool around with it . as these are 30 $ specials ill cut them off if i need to diddle with the set up

Happy Wanderer

Good little fishing rig

I've got a '97 Rodeo with the 3.2 and 5spd. It's the family "around town" rig to keep those short torturous miles off our new 4Runner. It's also become the fishing and picnic rig. I recently purchased new Cooper AT3s (215/85R 16) and it's a whole new vehicle now. They're 10ply which gives a huge margin of protection on rock, but they don't weigh the rig down. They're the very definition of pizza cutters, and slice through standing water on the freeway like a hot knife, and give great off road traction so far. I can't wait to test them this winter in the various forms of snow and ice.

Mine is due for shocks too. VERY noticeable off road!

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
well this thing is parked for the season. It may come out if i have to do a big road trip or CHRISTINE breaks, while its down ill be able to redo the CV's that its been needing. It hasn't really been clunking unless I'm in 4x4 and cranking a TIGHT corner, its in great shape but its not quite the machine that I truly want for an expedition. After all I have driven it it's still just a machine that carries me from A to B. :rally_guys:

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
chains.jpg

One set done one set to go but I do have a light set (Cdn tire specials) also that I could use up front IF I had to. This here is 2 chains and no I'm not leaving them here as there are too many light fingered individuals around my place. but i was checking the fit . i had to take 3 links off one side as these were made from a set of rig chains

In other news i started in on the CVs what i ginourmus pain in the posterior ...you have to drop the diff before you can change out the CVs complete. . the reason why I now know is because my old CV and new ones are 2 different models yes they work but the stock ones are 6 ball and the new ones are 3 ball ... ahh and the entire thing is designed to torture someone i would swear. C clips behind the dif mount plate so you simply cannot pull them straight out without the diff being dropped and plate beeing removed. i had to pull the pitman arm too :eek:rngartis

Last edited:

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
In other news i started in on the CVs what i ginourmus pain in the posterior ...you have to drop the diff before you can change out the CVs complete. . the reason why I now know is because my old CV and new ones are 2 different models yes they work but the stock ones are 5 ball and the new ones are 3 ball ... ahh and the entire thing is designed to torture someone i would swear. C clips behind the dif mount plate so you simply cannot pull them straight out without the diff being dropped and plate beeing removed. i had to pull the pitman arm too :eek:rngartis

Yeah, I have fantasized about a two-piece diff bracket or something... I try to stick with salvage yard CVs so I can just swap the outer as needed. Haven't broken a CV in several years though, maybe I'm driving smarter these days.

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
new eyes.jpg I replaced old beat up headlights

face peeled.jpg I found to replace them you must peel the face off of it.:Wow1:

front redone.jpg But ill be able to see at night now!:chef::coffeedrink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior