Pretty amazing Hummer trailer

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
What is up with the steps or are they really low sliders

Kind of defeats the purpose of lifting it and putting bigger tires on if you are going to do that, but they might be the type that raise and lower on a switch. I know there is a local company that builds steps/sliders that do that, you can have them automatically lower when you open the door or raise/lower them on a manual switch.

Woods

Explorer
Hummer envy? That's saying that I wish I had one, and am hating because I don't. That's like saying I like country music. I don't. I'm not saying that it's bad music, just not for me. Given the chance to drive the H2 on Seashore Drive, Newport Beach or the strip in Palm Springs, I'd jump at it. It would be way more cool than driving my beat up JK. Given the chance to take that rig over John Bull Trail, no way.

AC in the desert - yes that would be very cool.

Must be HUMMER envy month here. I know him from Hungry Valley. His vehicle is very capable- and pulls that trailer where I doubt you could.

AC in the desert, the only way to go.

BCHauler

Adventurer
I've been giving some thought to this thread, and I would like to extend an apology to the owner of this truck and trailer. For some reason, I felt it was okay to pile on with smart *** comments that were disrespectful. The owner / builder of this unit didn't post here for us to comment. They obviously put a lot of time, effort, and money into building something that they want. Far from me to cast stones - I haven't done anything remotely close to this.

I have always appreciated the inclusive, supportive and non-judgmental culture of this site. I will go back and edit out my comments. You have my sincerest apology.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
If you all aren't going to say something nice and just continue with the typical "i hate Hummers" banter or "must be compensating for something", then don't say anything at all. This rig is very much capable of going where ever the **** the driver wants it to go.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Dirtytires

Explorer
If you all aren't going to say something nice and just continue with the typical "i hate Hummers" banter or "must be compensating for something", then don't say anything at all. This rig is very much capable of going where ever the **** the driver wants it to go.

from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Really,, I like hummers. I like the trailer. I just think that the exoskelton on them look ugly.
Not a good way to make friends around here very quickly! Just saying..Plus the OP was asking what we thought? So we answered.
Perhaps if you don't like the answers and opininons of us wonderful members here, then you might want to check out another forum.

Craig

Honu

lost on the mainland
while he is not here ? some of us just stated its over done ?
me I said it matches the rig ? which it does :)

bottom line the guy created a setup he most likely loves and thats what counts
I have pretty thick skin I am not the type who cares to much what one drives as long as they are cool people drive a jeep cool hummer cool other cool as long as you are cool :)
so if a jeep guy rubs me with a smile while offering me a drink and some grub as we talk laugh and he makes fun of my toyota its all in good fun I think most know what I mean by this ?

for the guy who said it can go more places than others here (talking trailer) :) sorry man ya missed that one big time those little jockey wheels would get ripped off in a second the weight and the combination of the front design would hang up big time I think

but again whats it for that is the big question ? hauling toys to the desert and having fun ? its a nice setup for sure and while not my taste at all I appreciate the work people can do as I cant do that stuff :)
I really hope people are not so PC that we have to worry about upsetting them if we dont like their rig ?
agree he is not here to answer ? but he can join and say what he likes :) if its for mellow camping roads and desert fun ?
if its for overlanding (doubting that) he might learn quite a bit hanging out here ?

again if he is a cool guy thats what counts its not what you drive that makes you !!!! but it sure can make some first impressions :)

Last edited:

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
I have nothing against the opinions, just that if they are going to be typical ovet compensating or hummers suck or they typical negative comments, then dont post those up. The comments about the trailer and what everyone thinks are fine, but once it just turns into Hummer hate then it just really becomes pathetic

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Just the sheer weigh of that contraption would leave it lagging and waning in any applications other than rock crawling. Even then I hope he has upgraded everything on the road built Suburban/Silverado chassis, transmission, engine and gearbox? I have seen many of these H2 blow out. They are not built for offload....just mall Crawlings. Don't get me wrong. I am not a hater, just another realist. The H1 is a different story of course. But the H2 is just a different body on a Silverado/Suburban frame and tranny and engine.

Its not, its redesigned completely, the tahoe frame was just a starting point, then it got redesigned to be more offroad capable.

TacoDell

Adventurer
I'd be more amazed... if I could see some pics or video of that junk somewhere other then on the tarmac.

I can respect the time and money spent... but IMO... was a lousy choice to dump money into... 'least for anyone whom really wheels 'dere junk.

btw... I'd challenge that monster rig set up... to follow me anywhere with my junk and trailer...
as long as the owner has his on extraction team... 'cause I'm not breaking my junk in support.

The quality of the work looks to be real nice... whomever did the work.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader

A bit defensive are we? I spent 5 years in the army and have earned the right to say that anything but an H1 Hummer sucks, although there are some versions of the H3 that do fairly well off the pavement. And I can guarantee that the driver of that thing wouldn't have a chance if he tried to follow either of my Jeeps where I take them, so good luck with that one.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
A bit defensive are we? I spent 5 years in the army and have earned the right to say that anything but an H1 Hummer sucks, although there are some versions of the H3 that do fairly well off the pavement. And I can guarantee that the driver of that thing wouldn't have a chance if he tried to follow either of my Jeeps where I take them, so good luck with that one.

Yes i am getting defensive, because half of the people who say that hummers suck, don't know anything about them. It gets truly pathetic when instead of commenting about the trailer and giving ones opinions we hear the typical "i hate hummers" "hummers suck" "must be compensating for something" crap that everyone dishes out. I am not accusing any of you of this, i am simply saying that if that is what you are going to post up, well don't. Comment about the trailer, like the original poster wanted you too.

Another thing that people seem to constantly forget is that wheeling a IFS rig versus a solid front axle is completely different. yea you can essentially take a solid front axle and use the point and go, but an IFS will need a pickier line.

Like the guy said earlier, you wheel a Jeep...cool, a Hummer..cool, a Toyota..cool, whatever it may be, as long as your cool about wheeling and what you wheeling, great.
Once it turns into the typical crap that gets said, then its not "cool" it become pathetic and low.

cowboy4x4

Explorer
Well ..... I really like both vehicles, being a fabricator myself I can tell you there is some outstanding work done on both rigs. Whoever posted that this would not make a good overlanding rig I say your wrong, What a high percentage of people here in the states consider overlanding is actually not. John bull trail is not overlanding, azusa canyon mud pits is not overlanding, the Hammers in CA is not overlanding, overland/expedition traveling is not spending all day driving only two miles through a rock pile. Overland travel is getting from point A to point B in one piece 90% of the time its on varying degrees of dirt roads/trails and open land traveling, getting there comfortably and enjoying the trip at the same time. So yes his trailer does have a long tongue but he is not john bull capable (big deal). I guarantee that thing pulls like a dream set up like that though. Anyway my hat's off to BCHauler for removing any degrading post's its ok to give an opinion but some of you were just plain (edit) I have friends on this site and if my post doesnt get me any of the ones on this thread then so be I dont need that type of friend anyway. Expedition portal does have a stigma about it I've heard form many others some here think their poo don't stink..... and your wrong ..... as usual JMO

Last edited:

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
Well ..... I really like both vehicles, being a fabricator myself I can tell you there is some outstanding work done on both rigs. Whoever posted that this would not make a good overlanding rig I say your wrong, What a high percentage of people here in the states consider overlanding is actually not. John bull trail is not overlanding, azusa canyon mud pits is not overlanding, the Hammers in CA is not overlanding, overland/expedition traveling is not spending all day driving only two miles through a rock pile. Overland travel is getting from point A to point B in one piece 90% of the time its on varying degrees of dirt roads/trails and open land traveling, getting there comfortably and enjoying the trip at the same time. So yes his trailer does have a long tongue but he is not john bull capable (big deal). I guarantee that thing pulls like a dream set up like that though. Anyway my hat's off to BCHauler for removing any degrading post's its ok to give an opinion but some of you were just plain ignorant. I have friends on this site and if my post doesnt get me any of the ones on this thread then so be I dont need that type of friend anyway. Expedition portal does have a stigma about it I've heard form many others some here think their poo don't stink..... and your wrong ..... as usual JMO

Well said.
Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan