View attachment 323227
View attachment 323228
2 species limit with my .410 single shot
View attachment 323235
patience
View attachment 323236
lets go!
View attachment 323237
Miss Kaycees first duck...a Merganser..YUCK!
View attachment 323238

Wow, Looks like you have a great time, nothing like workin birds over some good Dogs!

WyoCherokee

Adventurer
Beautiful pics. I especially love this one. I've never hunted sharp tail, only ruffed. Thanks for sharing!

Ever hunt ptarmigan?

Ptarmigan is on my bucket list. They have them in the Upper Uintah's of Utah, which is about 6 hours away, but i think i would rather get them in Alaska

WyoCherokee

Adventurer
I am Jealous! Did some research and it looks like a 10 mile hike up to the Upper Uintah Wilderness in Utah and they hide out in the valleys and creek bottoms along the willows. Deffinetally do-able for a holiday weekend, and the season runs from August through October.

Tombstone17

Observer
Here in Cali, we have a lot of them. But the only ones I haven't got are Ptarmigan, Bobwhite, seen them but haven't gotten close enough is the Mtn Quail. Someday maybe get to go to the south Like Ga. for a Bobwhite hunt and north Like Maine for Woodcock....

PS yes I agree a sweet XJ....

XJSuperman

OhIOWAn
Gotta tell us more about that gear bag. Where'd you find it? Is it a random bag, or was is made for that spot? Is is mounted in there to hold itself in place? Thanks.

J

JWP58

I am Jealous! Did some research and it looks like a 10 mile hike up to the Upper Uintah Wilderness in Utah and they hide out in the valleys and creek bottoms along the willows. Deffinetally do-able for a holiday weekend, and the season runs from August through October.

They have rock ptarmigan in Colorado too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman