Project Bird Hunter

WyoCherokee

Adventurer
Dodge.jpgbattery.jpg
Finally got my DD back from the dealership. They forgot to tighten the alternator output lead, so my batteries died on me on top of the mountain at midnight on saturday, Got it towed down(yay for free roadside assistance) Found the culprit, tightened the nut, and bought 2 new Interstate Megatron Plus's to replace my 6 year old walmart specials.

XJSuperman

OhIOWAn
Ah, those Walmart specials......if you manage to kill it within 3 years its free replacement. Im not very nice to my batteries lol.

WyoCherokee

Adventurer
Ah, those Walmart specials......if you manage to kill it within 3 years its free replacement. Im not very nice to my batteries lol.

These lasted me 6 years,through many unplugged cold starts at below zero. Finally started giving me fits and not lasting a week without starting. I was suprised at how long they lasted. Although an Everstart Maxx is basically a rebadged Interstate. They are made by the same company (johnson controls)

XJSuperman

OhIOWAn
No, they aren't bad batteries really, but 3 years is enough time to kill it for me. Leave one of my electronics on too long quite often lol. Or don't disconnect it while Im working with all the doors open. Been through two, and its about to be three, and never paid for the first one. PO had it in when I bought the Jeep.

WyoCherokee

Adventurer
My neighbor makes those cubby bags. Solid guy. Glad to see his efforts and ideas getting spread around.

Nice! Tell him i give it 2 thumbs up.

No, they aren't bad batteries really, but 3 years is enough time to kill it for me. Leave one of my electronics on too long quite often lol. Or don't disconnect it while Im working with all the doors open. Been through two, and its about to be three, and never paid for the first one. PO had it in when I bought the Jeep.
Gotta love Wallyworld

WyoCherokee

Adventurer
Cut and Fold procedure completed. The Previous owner left a gaping hole between the inner and outer fenders when he trimmed to fit 31's on a stock suspension. So i went ahead and did the Cut n Fold to alleviate the issue. 20160214_160158.jpg20160214_164936.jpg

WyoCherokee

Adventurer
Well its been a while. Since my work transfer, not much time to work on her. \

Got my Blue Sea Fuse Box installed.
12799067_10153676305229825_1500361739864361409_n_zpslqihhwpv.jpg

Got Napier Flat Flares on
napier%203_zps0rdcn5ko.jpg

20160410_182152_zpseogzxsrm.jpg

Put an interstate megatron battery with side posts in. I eventually plan on getting side post clamps to run my winch to.
Replaced Alternator
Added Rigid Industries Duallys
12832517_10153680662059825_7896343784740466199_n_zpswt7ywmxk.jpg

12376673_10153680662084825_2141190822495539395_n_zps2e4ytjrw.jpg

And got a new camper
Camper_zpstfz1zgcf.jpg

WyoCherokee

Adventurer
I forgot you had ST Maxxs. Ive got STT Pros (31x10.50R15) coming in this week.

I had the PRO's, but they were terrible on ice and slick pavement, and with my commute to work, i needed more winter friendly tire. These MAXX's have always impressed me on my diesel, and continue to impress me on the XJ. I loved the PRO's Otherwise. Quiet on the highway, held good when aired down, awesome mountain tire.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Great updates! :beer:

Interested to hear how you guys like the trailer, when you get out to camp. I looked at that model, and thought it had a great layout.

WyoCherokee

Adventurer
Great updates! :beer:

Interested to hear how you guys like the trailer, when you get out to camp. I looked at that model, and thought it had a great layout.

It is definetally light enough to tow with the jeep, but it is tall and catches wind. I will probably tow it up the mountain with my diesel, and then just move it around the mountain with the jeep. Here we can leave a camper in place for 14 days before we have to move it. So most take it up on a friday, stay up on the weekend, go back to work monday, come back up for another weekend and then move it the following friday. So far i really like it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears