Project: Doitall Dodge

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Everything is always for sale :) You just have to dazzle me with the right number.....and then give me enough time to fix all the little things that need fixing.

The rims are 5" backspacing, 17x9, 3600lb load rating

Dustin Olson

HAHA well i dunno if i can dazzle you sir... College Student working full time... Not the best budget situation... lol

and cool i really like how the tucked in style turned out!!!

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Thanks, no problem. It's not really THAT special of a truck, it's just a beat up, used up, truck that got one more life ;)

Dustin Olson

Haha thats what i like about it though!!! got a bit of a story behind it... Unique look... and you have done everything you've done to it with the idea of reliabilty in mind... It's hard to find these trucks that someone has turned the pump as much as they can and bog it every chance they can jus to blow some smoke..

CumminAlong

Observer
Very nice Metcalf. Just read the whole thread over 3 days! :sombrero:
Making me wish I'd gone with a 1st gen for my project, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth from my old 93 going through 3 VE's in 140k! I love the 39s with the little lift, you're making me think my 37s and 3.55s will be solid. I like that. :chef:

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Thanks.

Good luck on your project.

Are the 39s and 3.55s perfect, no. Is it workable for most things, yup. Start in 1st and 5th is only for 60-65+mph.

bftank

Explorer
i am loving my 37's and 4.10's in the f350. powerstrokes tend to operate better at higher rpms than cummins though.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
i am loving my 37's and 4.10's in the f350. powerstrokes tend to operate better at higher rpms than cummins though.

Yup, I think the main point is that diesel trucks, especially manual transmission versions, are VERY tolerant of taller gearing.

blakeape

Adventurer
I have a healthy 1997 Cummins/NV4500 4x4 with 4.10's and 37" MTR's. The truck put down 338HP and 797Ft lbs torque at the rear wheels on the 37's with really basic mods, that said I love my 4.10's and regularly pull long distances at around 20,000 lbs. That's my Dodge, my 1 Ton Tacoma,10K capacity trailer, slide in camper, a bunch of extra fuel, tools and parts. I don't think most people would really notice the skip from 3.55's to 3.73's I'd say go to 4.10's and don't look back!

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
I have a healthy 1997 Cummins/NV4500 4x4 with 4.10's and 37" MTR's. The truck put down 338HP and 797Ft lbs torque at the rear wheels on the 37's with really basic mods, that said I love my 4.10's and regularly pull long distances at around 20,000 lbs. That's my Dodge, my 1 Ton Tacoma,10K capacity trailer, slide in camper, a bunch of extra fuel, tools and parts. I don't think most people would really notice the skip from 3.55's to 3.73's I'd say go to 4.10's and don't look back!

Sure, but what I am saying is that you don't really NEED to change the gears in the 1st place most of the time. I tow on my 3.55's all the time. Would 3.73 or 4.10 be better? Sure, but the 3.55s really aren't THAT bad....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior