Project: Family Overlander

Ranger Steve

Adventurer
I will be hopefully finishing up my cb radio install after work today and I'm curious as to who has used power direct from the battery or from another source?

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I used power from a switched source. That way the CB turns off when you turn off your rig, preventing battery drain.

pacer

Observer
I will be hopefully finishing up my cb radio install after work today and I'm curious as to who has used power direct from the battery or from another source?

I used power from a switched source. That way the CB turns off when you turn off your rig, preventing battery drain.

I'll add to that, you want as clean a power source as pisible. In other words, don't use some random wire under your dash, run one, switched through a relay if you like, straight to the battery.
And well grounded.

Ranger Steve

Adventurer
I'm not concerned with draining my battery as I'll be sure to power off the cb when not using it. I do understand however that it is possible to forget about it.

Ranger Steve

Adventurer
Very nice start you have here. I'm watching and waiting to see how this turns out.

Thank you.

Current plans are to finish the cb obviously. Then it's onto storage in the rear for camping supplies and such for this summer. Need to figure out something for the 32" spare too.

CJustin7

Adventurer
Thank you.

Current plans are to finish the cb obviously. Then it's onto storage in the rear for camping supplies and such for this summer. Need to figure out something for the 32" spare too.

LOL , I'm in the same boat. It will go on the roof for awhile or crago area until I get a tire carrier fabed up in the back. Are you planning on keeping your spare well as storage or lifting the tank up ?

Ranger Steve

Adventurer
LOL , I'm in the same boat. It will go on the roof for awhile or crago area until I get a tire carrier fabed up in the back. Are you planning on keeping your spare well as storage or lifting the tank up ?

For now I'm planning on keeping it and using it for storage. Being the trails Ill be using the jeep on for now won't be crazy rock crawling it will be safe.

Ranger Steve

Adventurer
Cb is tuned and ready for the trails for the most part. Slight engine noise to fix. Off to an Rausch park PA this weekend with the jeep club I'm in for a shakedown run! Should be real snowy.

Ranger Steve

Adventurer
Well that failed. Drove out Friday and stayed about 15min away. Woke up to some personal issues and left. Wasted trip and it stunk being so close but couldn't go. Till next time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior