Project: Family Overlander

Lecoq

Explorer
I like the carrier. Does the pin pull up to unlock it? Also, did you think of putting more of an angle so the top of the tire sits closer to the hatch? I look at mine and feel like it might be more aerodynamic if it was angled. Not that it really matters.:smiley_drive:

Ranger Steve

Adventurer
I like the carrier. Does the pin pull up to unlock it? Also, did you think of putting more of an angle so the top of the tire sits closer to the hatch? I look at mine and feel like it might be more aerodynamic if it was angled. Not that it really matters.:smiley_drive:

Right now the tire carrier is 1-2 fingers away from the hatch so i really can't get it any closer. If I made it higher to put the tire on an angle it would be harder to switch it out when needed and stick further back that I would want it too. I'll be putting a trasharoo on the tire so I needed it flat like it is.

Lecoq

Explorer
Makes sense. Mine is straight as well. It doesn't bother me but I keep seeing Toyotas with tilted spares on the carrier and it makes me wonder if there's a reason behind it apart from aesthetics.

Ranger Steve

Adventurer
Makes sense. Mine is straight as well. It doesn't bother me but I keep seeing Toyotas with tilted spares on the carrier and it makes me wonder if there's a reason behind it apart from aesthetics.

I do like the look of them on JK's when tilted like the role cage. For my purpose I like it like this. However I still need to get the trasharoo lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior