Project Mini Hägglund

berg

Observer
another idea ... this type inner cleat would not damage the wheel

Attachments

• 20f25175bcd787a652bdf11d3cbd55503d15861.jpg
    20f25175bcd787a652bdf11d3cbd55503d15861.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 14
looks good but what about a bit steeper pitch so the wheel wont walk out of the track?

The stress on the side in a tight turn could be pretty significant.. just sayin.. looks great

You`re right, the pitch on my prototype was at about 50 degrees, i`m shooting for about 70 degrees on the real thing...

I started working on the Hägglund again today. First i set it at ride height and put on one of the last few missing tubes:

10588841ip.jpg

Then i started cleaning up the wiring mess and place all the switches and fuses and electrical stuff:

10588848oj.jpg

10588849yf.jpg

Prepping the ammo can for the ecu:

10588840ro.jpg

Everything together. It`s a lot cleaner now:

10588850zs.jpg

Also ordered about 170ft of square piping for the grousers...

WCO

It's Lil' Willi
When this thread first started, I really didn't have any hope for it. I figured it was someone just throwing ideas out there. I have been away for a few months and am utterly surprized/exilerated to see the progress you have made. The two quotes in your signiture could not be more spot on! Being an R&D engineer and someone who makes most of his money Macgyvering things together, I am proud, impressed, and excited to see your continued advancement. Keep up the good work!

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Love this thread... just read it from end to end. VERY kool indeed, subscribed and waiting for more!! Great work man.
Greg

When this thread first started, I really didn't have any hope for it. I figured it was someone just throwing ideas out there. I have been away for a few months and am utterly surprized/exilerated to see the progress you have made. The two quotes in your signiture could not be more spot on! Being an R&D engineer and someone who makes most of his money Macgyvering things together, I am proud, impressed, and excited to see your continued advancement. Keep up the good work!

Thanks. I`m surprised myself how this is coming together...

So i bought a (real) welder yesterday:

10615740oe.jpg

Serviced it:

10615762to.jpg

And organized all the stuff from the welding cart:

10615781qc.jpg

Then i finished organizing the wiring mess and mounted all the vacuum valves and stuff:

10615791jc.jpg

10615793xw.jpg

Treenail

Adventurer
This build is beyond cool...this is Steve McQueen Cool!

"Then i finished organizing the wiring mess and mounted all the vacuum valves and stuff"

Since you started the build it's looked to me as if you have a continuous parade of '...and stuff' to connect!

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Hey Steinez, good to see you back with updates on the forum. Your new welder looks super:Wow1: heavy-duty. I guess you need that for welding up the parts for the steel tracks?:ylsmoke: Also, do you have any pics from your 4by4 event? Cheers, Chilli.:)

This build is beyond cool...this is Steve McQueen Cool!

"Then i finished organizing the wiring mess and mounted all the vacuum valves and stuff"

Since you started the build it's looked to me as if you have a continuous parade of '...and stuff' to connect!

Thanks. It`s crazy how much electrical and vacuum stuff is on that engine, even though it`s not even a mpfi, just a simple tbi. But i should be done with it now. The fun starts again when it`s time to wire the wipers, window washer pumps, heater, etc. because the wires for those things are at the wrong end of the car...

Hey Steinez, good to see you back with updates on the forum. Your new welder looks super:Wow1: heavy-duty. I guess you need that for welding up the parts for the steel tracks?:ylsmoke: Also, do you have any pics from your 4by4 event? Cheers, Chilli.:)

No, there`s not much power needed for the grousers, because it`s thin wall tube. But i got i for a smoking deal, so i couldn`t pass it... :ylsmoke:

There are a few pics at my L300 build thread: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/67039-Mitsubishi-L300-4WD/page12

I sold my old welder yesterday, so i`m able to pick up the steel on tuesday and start with the tracks... :wings:

Picked up the first batch of steel for the tracks:

10656995qn.jpg

Had to lengthen that length cutting device :

10657038if.jpg

And started cutting:

10657005qq.jpg

First 50 cut:

10657022bu.jpg

The saw blade wasn`t excited to cut all that stuff alone, so i bought it some company:

10657043ns.jpg

All 100 cut:

10657050ri.jpg

This is how i`ll make them. Any thoughts?:

10657056bd.jpg

The i wanted to start drilling the holes, but first made a jig:

10657058mi.jpg

The first two finished:

10657063rn.jpg

FlatlinesUp

Adventurer
I think you should sell me your van for $20, and toss in free shipping.

:ylsmoke:

Love the build.

Are the tires going to be off center in the tracks? will it put pressure one way or the other and want to throw the tracks?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998