Purchased an Expedition G Wagen

burquedoka

Adventurer
McBride, where are you located? I am in down town Albuquerque, we should get together some time.

Last edited:

McBride

Adventurer
McBride, where are you located? I am in down town Albuquerque, we should get together some time.

I'm near Santa Fe.

I get to ABQ about once a month. I might drive my camper down tomorrow - need to get some stuff at Central Trailer Supply. I'll be heading down Central en route to the North Valley. Let me know if you are around. I'd love to see your trucks.

I sent you a pm.

William

Last edited:

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Awesome! For me this is just about the perfect compromise between too big/too small.

Looks great!

McBride

Adventurer
Awesome! For me this is just about the perfect compromise between too big/too small.

Looks great!

Thanks.

I haven't yet tried it in a group setting. After several solo trips, I expect that it will comfortably eat three, drive two and sleep one. My fishing buddy will have to bring his tent and sleep on the ground.

McBride

Adventurer
This rig is way too cool. Enjoy your expeditions.

Thanks. It has been a blast so far. I'm heading out again in about 10 days for an estimated 1200+ miles of back country travel thru SW New Mexico and SE Arizona.

I'll post some pics.

William

Capo

Happy Camper
Thanks. It has been a blast so far. I'm heading out again in about 10 days for an estimated 1200+ miles of back country travel thru SW New Mexico and SE Arizona.

I'll post some pics.

William

Yes, please do post some pics!

Those are beautiful areas. Will you hunt on your trip?

McBride

Adventurer
This is an amazing looking vehicle/camper. Congrats on making it work.

Wow! I just checked out your site. Great stuff. You've covered some serious miles. Let me know when you are back in NM. I can show you dozens of infrequently visited mountain ranges. You also have to meet my wife. She is a b & w film photographer - uses Contax, Lomo, and Holga mainly. Some medium format too.

I love the photos.

William

McBride

Adventurer
Yes, please do post some pics!

Those are beautiful areas. Will you hunt on your trip?

Capo,

On this trip I will only hunt if I get stranded in the middle of nowhere and run out of food. Unlikely but I'll be prepared. Instead, I'll be hunting for solitude and unexplored (for me) lands.

I need to name the camper - been too long going nameless. It gets restless after about two or three weeks in the driveway. I like your historical reference for doing so. Lawrence has come to mind (Lawrence of Arabia), Shakelton, Sir Francis Drake, you mentioned Crusoe in previous post. I live in the SW so Geronimo would be appropriate. I've spent my life in his territory - the Gila. The same goes for Kit Carson, Jesse James, Doc Holiday, Wyatt Earp. Basically, NM has all the old west characters as residents and/or passer - thru's. The preponderance of my trips will be in the SW. I just don't know what fits best. The G is sturdy, reliable, comfortable, loves the dirt roads, likes to have it's picture taken. I also like the great American generals.

Any thoughts? Anybody?

mortonm

Expedition Leader
David livingstone was a British explorer and scientist/doctor who spent a large portion of his adult life wandering around Africa. Likely a pun there somewhere with Livingstone and its being your "living home" when out and about

Or if you want to keep more American, Lewis and Clark?

Capo

Happy Camper
The DiliGence? The Rolling House on the Prairie? Doc's Stretcher? Wyatt's Hyatt? G-ronimo?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior