Quick review. MorRyde JK tailgate hinges

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
There should be a very small tube of grease in the package - it's a special kind of grease to prevent the stainless steel fasteners from "galling" which is another work you probably can't translate... stainless fasteners, if tightened too much, can get jammed in the bolt hole and sometimes become unremovable. The anti-seize grease prevents that.

Thanks, thats great

I have not got the package yet, it is still at the Customs here in Sweden, just trying to prepare everything before:) I think the Fee is 25% + 4% on the price and on the shipment (130 dollar) ouch

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Howdy from Sweden

The manual states "Replace with new hinge and hardware provided – use small amount of anti-seize
on bolts when installing them to allow for easy installation."

Anti-seize I can not really translate it to Swedish, what compund is that, can somebody describe it, is it greace, copper paste or aluminium paste.

Here is a link to Loctite's version. there is a pdf file that explains the different types and the usage for each near the bottom of the web page.
Great stuff!
http://www.loctite.co.uk/lubrication-anti-seize-4488.htm

abamark

Question about buying in Canada/Quebec

Dear Sir,
can you help me where can we get this hinges in Canada,
the actual price is US is 150+50Shipping+20TAX= 220 USD...
I need 2 pairs.
Thak you!
BR
Aba

Actually I paid 160 cdn for them, so do the conversion is about 120 American. ha ha. They do work great, and I am anxiously waiting for the rest of the system to come out to complete the carrier.

My hinges were not rusty, they were wore out. at the latch end of the gate I had 1/8 of an inch play up and down. and they would rattle like a ******** when driving.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I ordered them from my local jeep dealer. Marsh Motors in Grand Falls-Windsor, NL. With shipping from here, I think you will be close to that price you posted however. best thing to do is take a drive up here for a vacation and buy your stuff. ha ha.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Dear Sir,
can you help me where can we get this hinges in Canada,
the actual price is US is 150+50Shipping+20TAX= 220 USD...
I need 2 pairs.
Thak you!
BR
Aba

I ordered them from my local jeep dealer. Marsh Motors in Grand Falls-Windsor, NL. With shipping from here, I think you will be close to that price you posted however. best thing to do is take a drive up here for a vacation and buy your stuff. ha ha.

Two suggestions:

1. Contact the manufacturer, they may be able to ship to you. They're at http://www.morryde.com/product-category/9-jeep-accessories. Use the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page and ask them about shipping to your address.

2. Many RV dealers are distributors for their line of RV products, so you might check with your local RV dealers to see if they carry MORryde products. If they do, they probably won't be familiar with the MORryde line of Jeep products, but they can order any of the Jeep products for you. (In kojakjku's case, I think his local Jeep dealer happened to be a MORryde dealer as well).

abamark

Two suggestions:

1. Contact the manufacturer, they may be able to ship to you. They're at http://www.morryde.com/product-category/9-jeep-accessories. Use the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page and ask them about shipping to your address.

2. Many RV dealers are distributors for their line of RV products, so you might check with your local RV dealers to see if they carry MORryde products. If they do, they probably won't be familiar with the MORryde line of Jeep products, but they can order any of the Jeep products for you. (In kojakjku's case, I think his local Jeep dealer happened to be a MORryde dealer as well).

Thank you,
contacted the manufacturer!
BR
Aba

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Yes, my local dealer sells morryde. Waiting for the rest of the gear to be released to get the complete setup now!

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Yes, my local dealer sells morryde. Waiting for the rest of the gear to be released to get the complete setup now!
I talked to someone at the company the other day and they said they'd be shipping the tailgate reinforcement and HD/large spare carrier within the next two weeks, and I think they are taking dealer/reseller orders now. I believe the hinge-mount Rotopax carrier and Hi-Lift carriers are already shipping.

The company posted photos of the complete setup on their web site about a week ago.

1437050746-JK%20Accessories001_74.jpg

1437050748-JK%20Accessories001_75.jpg

1437050756-JK%20Accessories001_88.jpg

1437050754-JK%20Accessories001_83.jpg

And with a few accessories...

1437051627-JK%20Accessories_Cropped0010.jpg

1437050740-JK%20Accessories001_57.jpg

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
I just installed these and the tailgate support as well. Has anyone running a 35" spare also tried to mount the Mor ryde Rotopax mount as well? Trying to see how bad the tail light contact is.

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I just installed these and the tailgate support as well. Has anyone running a 35" spare also tried to mount the Mor ryde Rotopax mount as well? Trying to see how bad the tail light contact is.

Here's a photo of a 35 on the MORryde HD hinges + tailgate reinforcement setup. In this photo the Rotopax mount is in the second hole in the hinges. With the door open, there's 4 1/4" clearance to the tail light, that's with the brush guard on the tail light - remove that and you'd pick up maybe another 1/4".

Thicknesses of the various Rotopax containers, all but the 3-gallon fit:

1-gallon 3"
1.75-gallon 3.5"
2-gallon 3.125"
3-gallon 4.5" (may just fit without the brush guard)

If your tire allows mounting the Rotopax bracket one hole to the left (some 35's do), you pick up another 2 1/4", for a total of 6 1/2", which means you could mount a pair of 1-gallon or 2-gallon containers (or one of each).

20170525_075049.jpg

BTW I think the guy who owns this Jeep was using the Rotopax mount to carry a flagpole, those clips aren't part of the product :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman