Racks / Armor color other than black...

Colored armor accessories

• Black - is there really any other choice?

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Red - Dude, they bring out the color of your coil overs!

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Pink - They match your panties!!!

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Chrome - It's not like your truck ever sees the dirt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - Hey! You didn't list my fave color

Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NH Moto Expo

Adventurer
Actually I'm kinda liking the Camo wrap thing for some accessories. I know it's not for everyone...but I hunt and it fits my lifestyle. Kinda like putting expo stickers on some trucks I use a bit of Camo to display my interest. So much better than those silhouette family stickers on the back window.

seanz0rz

Adventurer
Thanks to all that contributed to this tongue-in-cheek poll!

I'll be rattle canning the rack and components Hammered Silver....

I used to use the rattle cans, but found the quart and brush to give better results. My sliders and rear bumper are long overdue for a recoat!

Stone_Blue

Adventurer
Good choice on the Hammerite. I like it, because it doesnt need a lot (basically NONE), prep or sanding between coats. Its also forgiving when just painting over small scratches and scrapes. Also, if you get a little too close and apply too much, it the runs and orange peel mostly work themselves out to match the textured finish. AND it looks good...I think better than just basic black or silver or graphite...Which are the three colors I use, and I think any of the three would look good on a white truck.

As to bedliner, I would think my biggest issue would be that its got a gritty surface texture, and dust and dirt embeds itself, and would need to be scrubbed with a brush if you want it to look decent... Yeah, I know, a real off-road truck doesnt need to be clean, but then again...

DakotaAdventurer

Never Satisfied
I think smooth powdercoat flat white would look more "custom" but would also give it that "stock accessory" look. I think color matching the paint of the vehicle gives it a "sleeker" more "OEM" type look. Could use gloss or flad, but flat will set it off just a bit, IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle