Ram Power Wagon

VanDominator13

Observer
I've been waiting months for Ford to give me a build date on the Tremor I ordered back in January. Last week I started building Power Wagons on the Ram website and wouldn't you know, my exact build popped up in a search about 2 hours south of where I live. Drove down and picked it up for MSRP, which was what I was going to pay for the Tremor anyways.
Needless to say this truck is AWESOME!! Looking forward to putting a pintop suspension and some 37's on her and getting some time in the dirt.

IMG_2691.jpeg

Explorerinil

Observer
Nice truck. That’s allot more capable than a tremor. I personally would just run some simple thuren coils, track bars and fox 2.0 shocks and be done. You will be very pleased with that set up on the power wagon.

VanDominator13

Observer
Nice truck. That’s allot more capable than a tremor. I personally would just run some simple thuren coils, track bars and fox 2.0 shocks and be done. You will be very pleased with that set up on the power wagon.

Thanks. Any reason in particular you recommend Thurens? I’ve heard good things about both Carli and Thuren. Just curious why you’d lean towards them over the Carli’s.

Explorerinil

Observer
Thanks. Any reason in particular you recommend Thurens? I’ve heard good things about both Carli and Thuren. Just curious why you’d lean towards them over the Carli’s.
carli makes great stuff, I’ve had many trucks carli and thuren suspensions under them. The power wagon is a great rig, thuren makes some coils that will provide that power wagon with allot more travel and just enough lift to give you ample clearance for 37’s. Carli uses drop brackets for their radius arms, thurens coil design allows you to retain the stock mounts for the radius arms. Get thuren coils, front and rear trac bars and some thuren tuned shocks and be done, keep it simple. You will have a rig that’s far more capable than most and will take you anywhere you want to go.

VanDominator13

Observer
carli makes great stuff, I’ve had many trucks carli and thuren suspensions under them. The power wagon is a great rig, thuren makes some coils that will provide that power wagon with allot more travel and just enough lift to give you ample clearance for 37’s. Carli uses drop brackets for their radius arms, thurens coil design allows you to retain the stock mounts for the radius arms. Get thuren coils, front and rear trac bars and some thuren tuned shocks and be done, keep it simple. You will have a rig that’s far more capable than most and will take you anywhere you want to go.

You may have just saved me a ton of money! Do you know if I can run stock rims with 37’s on the Thuren setup?

Last edited:

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I've been waiting months for Ford to give me a build date on the Tremor I ordered back in January. Last week I started building Power Wagons on the Ram website and wouldn't you know, my exact build popped up in a search about 2 hours south of where I live. Drove down and picked it up for MSRP, which was what I was going to pay for the Tremor anyways.
Needless to say this truck is AWESOME!! Looking forward to putting a pintop suspension and some 37's on her and getting some time in the dirt.

View attachment 724876
No gaudy graphics either. Enjoy.

jadmt

ignore button user
Keep them they are good rims. FYI you can leave it stock and run 35’s and go anywhere you need to go and run a spare tire in the stock location vs having a spare taking up bed space.

that entirely (pun) depends on where he wants to go. It is funny but I swap back and forth from 35's to stock depending on what I am doing, and I am getting ready to head to Moab and I am really wishing I had 37's this time. I rub slightly with 35's when fully articulated under certain conditions so for sure with 37's I would need to trim some which I really don't want to do.

VanDominator13

Observer
that entirely (pun) depends on where he wants to go. It is funny but I swap back and forth from 35's to stock depending on what I am doing, and I am getting ready to head to Moab and I am really wishing I had 37's this time. I rub slightly with 35's when fully articulated under certain conditions so for sure with 37's I would need to trim some which I really don't want to do.

Are you running stock suspension and still rubbing with 35’s?
I’ve decided on 37’s. Just need to make a decision on what suspension to go with.
In a perfect world I’d like to go with something that doesn’t lift the truck too much and can run 37’s on stock rims without rubbing or having to trim.

jadmt

ignore button user
Are you running stock suspension and still rubbing with 35’s?
I’ve decided on 37’s. Just need to make a decision on what suspension to go with.
In a perfect world I’d like to go with something that doesn’t lift the truck too much and can run 37’s on stock rims without rubbing or having to trim.
yes stock suspension and that is with AEV wheels which are considered to have about the perfect offset +27mm. Lift really does not play as big of role to rubbing as people think. if you go off road you will most likely need to trim. If just running around you will probably be ok as a little rubbing does not hurt anything.

VanDominator13

Observer
yes stock suspension and that is with AEV wheels which are considered to have about the perfect offset +27mm. Lift really does not play as big of role to rubbing as people think. if you go off road you will most likely need to trim. If just running around you will probably be ok as a little rubbing does not hurt anything.

Great video!
I guess I’m just unfamiliar with the suspension on the PW. The only way I could fit 35’s on my Tundra was with a lift and UCA’s.
The PW in its stock configuration is plenty high for me. I just want to be able to fit 37’s with as few modifications as possible while increasing on and off road performance. Which in my experience required a lift and some part swapping.

Last edited:

VanDominator13

Observer
@VanDominator13, what trim level/options did you end up with on the Wagon?

Level 3 Trim, off road package, rock rails, badge delete, dual alternators, wired tow mode camera for when I get the FWC.
Only thing it didn’t come with that I had ordered originally on the Tremor was the upfitter switches. Haven’t figured out what route I’m going to go with those yet. SDHQ makes a nice switch panel that mounts out of the way, AEV seems to have an option as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan