Random dog shots

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
53266819345_2ef898a27e_h.jpg

Deleted Member 183

So in the early days of my rig Casa Azul, It was filling its previous purpose as an "over the top" race support rig for my bicycle component company. So I show up at some mt. bike event in Sedona, park on a side street and leave the truck with the side "dog window" open and go walk a half a block to a liquor store to buy a 6-pack. As far as I'm concerned "all is right with the world". So now I see an older hippy couple walk up to Casa obviously curious about the truck, the side window is higher than the man can easily look in, so he grabs the side of the truck and stands on his tippy toes to peek in.

And that was when my first Bouv (Boomer @ 140 lbs) lunged for the poor hippies face! Luckily no contact, but for a minute there I thought I'd have to remember my CPR classes.

When I got back to the shop I had one of my crew laser etch this warning below the window.

Security.jpg

Last edited:

K9LTW

Havoc "Thunder Pupper", our 4.5-yo Dutch Shepherd, can typically be found snoozing with his back up against a tire. Here he's almost completed his drying cycle while recharging the batteries after swimming in Morrison Lake along the CDT.

Sleepy Havoc.jpg

Alexa "Crazy McBitey" is our Belgian Malinois at 11.5 years young. She's just as happy to go on a hike as she is to just take her surroundings in, or keep the bed warm in the camper as we go off on adventures that are a little too taxing for her. This was a random end of the spur spot in Medicine Bow NF.

Alexa Truck.jpg

Happiest boi around on Massanutten Mountain in Virginia.

Havoc Massanutten (2).jpg

Wild child in the wildflowers in Medicine Bow NF.

IMG_9110.jpg

K9LTW

Yep, this big goober is 75%Plott 25%walker. 85# and 2-1/2years old currently, and an absolute hilarious pleasure to have.

Mom’s old man, Steeler. He’s 13+. Takes a bit to get him riled up and he’s nearly deaf, but he’s always been such a sweet boy. He had a docked tail when they rescued him over 10 years ago. No idea why, but he wags that nub like crazy

e444e0fcb49aabe8d7693c8e7ebf6c2d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GHI

Adventurer
So in the early days of my rig Casa Azul, It was filling its previous purpose as an "over the top" race support rig for my bicycle component company. So I show up at some mt. bike event in Sedona, park on a side street and leave the truck with the side "dog window" open and go walk a half a block to a liquor store to buy a 6-pack. As far as I'm concerned "all is right with the world". So now I see an older hippy couple walk up to Casa obviously curious about the truck, the side window is higher than the man can easily look in, so he grabs the side of the truck and stands on his tippy toes to peek in.

And that was when my first Bouv (Boomer @ 140 lbs) lunged for the poor hippies face! Luckily no contact, but for a minute there I thought I'd have to remember my CPR classes.

When I got back to the shop I had one of my crew laser etch this warning below the window.

View attachment 803973
I had my wife put this on our front door cause we all of a sudden have people asking if we need a new roof or tree work. I don’t like the ridiculous font, but we haven’t been bothered since this was posted.

Attachments

• IMG_9439.jpeg
    IMG_9439.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Mom’s old man, Steeler. He’s 13+. Takes a bit to get him riled up and he’s nearly deaf, but he’s always been such a sweet boy. He had a docked tail when they rescued him over 10 years ago. No idea why, but he wags that nub like crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool. Plotts are incredible pups, in so many ways.

We got near 13 years out of our old guy, that we said goodby to recently.
He was a Plott/Lab. :cool:

51525742011_3e661202c5_b.jpg

Deleted Member 183

Let me share a fun "pup" story. Some folks might thing it is inappropriate for an "adventure vehicle" forum, but it did happen in Mexico.

For many years we did our 2~3 month to Baja in Casa with 2 of our Bouv's. Everybody who travels up or down the peninsula by road are stopped, vehicles searched, and questioned by the military and occasionally by the "Judies" (pronounced whodies) aka: The GNARLY "big dogs"( the Mexican version of FBI/ DEA). I've been going through this "monkey business" since my first trip to Central America when i was 17 and don't don' think much of it... Let the guys do their work, then move on!

So at one check point, we pull in and start going through our inspection and out of the office walks a "Judie" and I'm thinking... OK, this is going to start being unpleasant really quick! So the officer walks up to me and really pleasantly says... "Can I meet your Bouv's?, I have one at home in Mexico" ( when you are in Mexico and someone says that, it means that they are from the ELITE in Mexico city) . So I let the pups out of the truck and the "big dog" had a wonderful time with my big dogs! Then off we went.

So the next winter we are heading down south and we stop at one of the major check points and after waiting in line for a few minutes i pull up to the inspection point and hear someone of authority in the office scream.... EVERYBODY SEARCH THAT VEHICLE NOW! I start to FREAK and run for the back door and warn the dozen or so young soldiers... Don't open that door!

Well one soldier did and got lunged at by about 260 lbs of viscous dog meat! The poor kids were climbing over each other to get away from attacking dogs! So I hear then look over toward the office and saw our Judie/ Bouv owner "friend" crying in laughter! He then walks up to me and gives me a big hug and laughs... Dood! I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for this moment! Welcome back to Mexico.
So after he spent time with our dogs then said we were free to go and we will not have to worry about the checkpoints up and down MX1 for the foreseeable future because he has given us a "hall pass"! I came to find out the year later he was the head of the Judie enforcement program for the whole Baja peninsula!

Adventure travel can be soooooo EXHAUSTING!

2012_01 023.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior