Random dog shots

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Roxy enjoying the greenery.

2013%20Pig%20Camp-11-L.jpg

Back in camp hanging out inside while it was snowing.

2013%20Pig%20Camp-59-L.jpg

What's this white stuff Dad?

2013%20Pig%20Camp-67-L.jpg

2013%20Pig%20Camp-78-L.jpg

Jakeleverett

Adventurer
Here is my big ol galoot:

IMG_3087_zps81edd778.jpg

IMG_2810_zps58718a07.jpg

He jumped into my Jeep after noticing that I was loading it for a snowboarding trip and I guess he wanted to come...

IMG_3160_zps174d534a.jpg

IMG_3159_zpsa03c1c4d.jpg

His name is Boomer. He is getting pretty old and is having hip problems, but is still kickin'.
He loved to chew as a puppy and even chewed up an enduro bike of my dads... Tires=gone, seat=all over the yard, fenders front and back=chewed up, wiring=everywhere, tool kit=we found it buried in the yard a couple years later when digging for a patio, windshield=partially buried under the shed, fairing/body panels=well chewed and in pieces...
I have to say my dad was ready to shoot the dummy.
He got himself under control eventually with some encouragement and other things to chew.

And this is one of my girlfriend's dogs who thinks that she belongs to me, she even gets upset and tries to sneak out the door or the side gates when I leave:

80af5de3-94c3-4a01-9ee2-6170e70eb3d5_zpsb57a5c51.jpg

IMG_3361_zpsa9473e9c.jpg

IMG_3150_zps21c1c87c.jpg

IMG_0269_zpsdc898ec6.jpg

Her name is Roxy and she is the most stubborn little dog I have ever dealt with.
When we got her, she had been found on the side of the road in Utah and ate sticks and weeds for about 3 months.
She didn't even wag her tail for about seven months after we got her.
She was returned to the pound twice before we met her at the Helen Woodward Center.
She has MAJOR attachment issues but she for some reason has become really attached to me and me only.
I am also the only one that she listens to, but I am the only one who works with her on her behavior.
Her stubbornness really shows when I try to give her commands, for the most part she listens the first time, but when I tell her to do something that she doesn't want to do, she stares at me almost like she is trying to stare me down. She will stop what she is doing if she is going after another animal but she will stop and just stare at me. that gets super frustrating because she tries to make me come to her before she listens but she is coming around!
And yes she sits like that all by herself, she is sometimes too human.

This is my girlfriend's other rat:

IMG_3441_zps977b298b.jpg

IMG_0173_zpse96d8852.jpg

IMG_3435_zps004bebf6.jpg

Her name is Pebbles, she is the biggest whore for food.
We named her Pebbles because when my girlfriend's family first got the little turd, she would(and still does) eat ANYTHING and EVERYTHING!
...Including... PEBBLES! She eats sticks, rocks when something has been spilled on them, drinks pool water, eats tennis balls after stealing them from Roxy and chewing them up, eats onions, she goes through my girlfriend's family's garden and eats anything that she can reach... tomatos, lemons, oranges, grapes, strawberries, flowers, literally EVERYTHING!
They even tried feeding her more than her size of dog should eat thinking that she wasn't being fed enough.
They monitored them when they ate to make sure Roxy wasn't getting to her food.
Pebbles just likes some variety in her diet?...

They all get along really well, they all play fight, they all sleep together, they all bark at things together, they all LOVE hiking and offroading and they are all the biggest goofballs!

IMG_3444_zpsd2631004.jpg

IMG_2995_zps11890def.jpg

My female and I are going camping next month in the desert and will hopefully be taking Roxy with us for her first camping trip! ...They are all spoiled rotten, normally our parents rent cabins on vacations...

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
Princess, my 14 year old Golden/Chow mix. She always loved to lay under the Christmas tree.

018-1_zpsd504152c.jpg

She has been a Godsend, my constant companion, and the best listener since I came back from Iraq this last time all banged up. She has cancer. I know I need to put her down, but so far, I just can't. She is still hanging in there. Probably have to let her go by spring. Gonna miss this one. Best one ever, she grew up with the kids.

Grown man cries...

bajasurf

Explorer
Hi Jake, In regards to Boomer. I have a 15yo Heeler that has been having hip and leg problems. I went online( Amazon) and found a product called Cosequin DS chewable tablets. I read the reviews which there are many. I have been giving Blue the tablets for almost 3 weeks and the results are amazing. He was having trouble going for walks and now bolts out the door. Would take him some time to get down the few stairs of the porch. He now jumps off the porch. I had to lift him onto the bed and now he jumps onto it. Every day I am more impressed with his recovery. Please, take a look on Amazon and read the reviews. I am very happy I purchased this product and Blue loves eating the tablets. They must taste like doggie cookies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears