Random shots

Willman

I have a very funny cat!!!! He is crazy and out of control!!!

DSC00172.jpg

He loves sitting VERY close to the heat dish i got at Costco!!! He's getting his SUN for the day!!!!.....It's Seattle.....

DSC00996.jpg

david despain

Adventurer
HA! i got that same heat dish at costco and my cats love to lay in front of it too. if you pet them while they are laying there its almost too hot to touch their coats but they love it. they always look for the hottest places to sleep

Willman

david despain said:
HA! i got that same heat dish at costco and my cats love to lay in front of it too. if you pet them while they are laying there its almost too hot to touch their coats but they love it. they always look for the hottest places to sleep

Here here!!!!! funny animals!!!!! Gotta love 'em!!!! Nice to see that my cat is not soo crazy after all!!!!.......lol

datrupr

Expedition Leader
OK, I too have a crazy cat, but he is a little camera shy, so no pics as of yet..... One day I will get a shot of him doing something off the wall though. I do also have a nutty dog that hates riding in the car, but loves camping and hiking. He will climb all over the rocks up and down when we are hiking and camping, but he is too afraid to climb the stairs at home. Here is a shot of him after the hike at Secret Pass:

IMG_2025.jpg

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
Joshua Tree Nat'l Park May 26-28, 2006

IMG_6852c.jpg

This is what it looked like where we camped, it was beautiful without the moon. We saw a shooting start rip nearly from horizon to horizon - AMAZING.

I didn't have my remote for my camera so I couldn't take any exposures longer than 30 sec.

Scott Brady

Founder
Mlachica said:
IMG_6852c.jpg

This is what it looked like where we camped, it was beautiful without the moon. We saw a shooting start rip nearly from horizon to horizon - AMAZING.

I didn't have my remote for my camera so I couldn't take any exposures longer than 30 sec.

cool picture Mark. Couldn't you use mirror lock-up and the self-timer?

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
I'd say that picture was exposed perfectly. It evokes just the right mood. Photos with long star trails and bright-as-day foregrounds are interesting but don't really leave the impression of a lovely starlit scene like this one.

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Mlachica said:

Beautiful!! I really like the warmth of the rocks. I assume the light was from a camp fire?

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
expeditionswest said:
cool picture Mark. Couldn't you use mirror lock-up and the self-timer?

Thanks Scott. Care to elaborate more on this technique? I'm a noob :shakin:

Mr. Hanson, thank you for the find words :jumping: You're right, there's something about the streaking stars and bright foregrounds that don't really capture the moment like this style of night shot. I still like both styles though :)

Hey Chris, thanks for the compliments! The warmth of the rocks are my favorite too. They were illuminated by the fire of another set of campers. The campground layout was cool because our neighboring campers were on the other side of a small hill so it was almost like camping solo in the middle of nowhere. I guess that's about as good as it gets for a 'primitive' campground.

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
Fun thread! I love the silly pet shots, and the wonderful scenics. Here are some of ours:

tangerine.jpg

Sunset from our porch this past January.

tongue1.jpg
tongue2.jpg

Part of a series of photos over the life of our now-15-year-old border collie - the series is called Rob and His Tongue.

cheetah.jpg

And me on the job earlier this month: I love my colleagues (these guys purr constantly and loudly when happy!)

Scott Brady

Founder
Mlachica said:
Thanks Scott. Care to elaborate more on this technique? I'm a noob :shakin:
For the 20D

Top panel: Hold the DRIVE-ISO button and scroll with the top dial. Scroll until you see the little circle with a dash in it. That is the self-timer. Push the shutter and ten seconds later, the camera takes a pictures. No shake from you pushing the button. But you are still not finished, as mirror shake is still present.

Back panel: Menu, scroll down to custom functions, select with the "set button" in the middle of the wheel.
select Custom Function 12 and set to enable.

Once both are set (and the image is composed), the first time you push the shutter release, the mirror will lock up, the second time the self timer will engage. 10 seconds later (plus the shutter speed), you image will be done, and shake free) :archaeolo

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Hi Brian.....

Last min. my daughter said...."dad!....lets go to the condo!" ....so we blasted over last Sat.

I'll give ya a shout when I'm over to AZ with my Runner.

~Mark

2006_0529ScottsdaleNiniMay060103.jpg

2006_0529ScottsdaleNiniMay060096.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior