Random shots

gjackson

FRGS
Roseann,

The park we stopped at was the Odjtiwaronge Cheetah Park, close to Odjtiwaronge. They have set up their own cheetah conservation foundation, and I'm not sure if they are allied with anyone else. They have some good info at:

http://www.cheetahpark.com/

The History link details some of the legal issues they are facing. BTW tahnks for the kudos on the video. They are amazing animals, and so much more amazing when you get up close and personal.

cheers

flywgn

Explorer
There are some really 'random' shots here. Maybe some kind of album should be established. You can discount the pic below, but I just had to include it. Especially with all our concern for GVWR. This may be the result of finding that proverbial straw....errrrr, I mean liter.

Oh well, I know where you can purchase a good, used, 1½-ton truck if you want an expedition platform.....yuck, yuck...!

PS- Disregard the ocotillo; it's beyond the truck, not growing out of its frame. :)

Attachments

• 2006_0606June06-A0001 (Small).JPG
    2006_0606June06-A0001 (Small).JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 118

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
gjackson said:
Roseann,

The park we stopped at was the Odjtiwaronge Cheetah Park, close to Odjtiwaronge. They have set up their own cheetah conservation foundation, and I'm not sure if they are allied with anyone else. They have some good info at:

http://www.cheetahpark.com/

The History link details some of the legal issues they are facing. BTW tahnks for the kudos on the video. They are amazing animals, and so much more amazing when you get up close and personal.

cheers

Thanks, Graham - what a great place. I REALLY like the main photo of the cheetah's bloody face - yum!

Willman

Camping at Lake Powell!!!!! I wish i was there now!!!

DSC01299.jpg

Scott Brady

Founder
Right on Willman! Great shot, and I particularly love the tan lines on the feet. I have had some crazy ones. Keen's make a particularly interesting pattern :elkgrin:

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Willman said:
Nice rig 05TACODOC!!!!..Well the front anyways.....lol

Which house is yours?????

Thanks!
My house is not in the pic, although I am seriously considering that area, I'm drawn there for obvious reasons...

Actually my real "home" (if a nomad can have one :rolleyes: ) is up near you: Aberdeen, WA is where I call "home" :ylsmoke:

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Scenic WonderRunner said:
The DR. is in da house!...............:ylsmoke:

2006_07051972Porsche9110013.jpg
Sweet! That's a '73 right? Those things are indestructable. A good friend of mine had a '73 T for quite awhile, super low miles, original paint, looked like a museum piece. He sold it and bought a 993 C4S last year. Quite a different driving experience, but a pretty sharp looking car still. I had a '69 911E for a bit. 2 liter, mechanical fuel injection, 7,200 rpm redline. That thing sounded so awesome.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Kristian.............

Thanks for noticing!

Mine is a 1972.

At 100,000 miles I had the engine rebuilt up to 2.7 liter with "S" specs.

I now have about 150,000 miles on the whole Porsche 911.......50K on the rebuild.

I've owned the Porsche 911 for almost 27 years.

When it hit the magical 30 year old mark.....it started going up in value.

I don't drive it much anymore.....it's just becoming too special.

I posted up a link to more pics at the "what other vehicles do you drive".......thread.

In the above pic.....you can see that I'm from Hawaii......by the two little stickers on the tiny back bumper. This is for the safety inspection that the State of Hawaii requires.

http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614&page=9

2006_07051972Porsche9110023.jpg

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Ah, ok, I just checked them out. Very sharp! I must have missed the picture link way back when you first posted about it. Sounds like a fun car. There really isn't any experience quite like driving an early 911. I thought me having my 944 for 11 years was impressive! haha :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998