Recent Guests and Latest News @ Panama Passage!

RedDog

Explorer
I recognized Tom and Janet's Nissan. I saw that truck at a cookout in Calgary when it was about a week old.

unURBAN

Adventurer
We're all inside trying to figure out how to get these hoss' to Colombia.

Hey guys!
Keep in mind when checking for prices that there are a couple of more vehicles wanting to ship the next week or two or three. Maybe this could give us better quotes? We'll be in Panama City around 5- 6-7th May (we just have to try to drive up a tiny little volcano first.... ;-) )

E&M

@panamapassage

well, I did not think that would happen that quickly....but it looks like we have a problem already.

we have received many guests and the yard is a bit small...

So we have already started looking for a new location. Wow, I can't even believe I am typing this after only about 6-7 weeks.

We can still accommodate everyone but I just wanted to drop a note to make sure to set up the right expectations.

read our latest entries for more details: www.panamapassage.com

We are a new project designed to help overlanders with shipping headaches, parts sourcing, a place to call home for awhile, and a place for you to sleep. So far we must admit that we have been overwhelmed with the level of interest, it seems like there was a real need for such a place in Panama City.

We are located in one of the most desirable neighborhoods in Panama City. It’s clean, safe, beautiful, and convenient to most things worth doing and seeing in Panama City.

But the reality of Panama City, like Miami or any other large town, is that space is tight and rent are high. And the other reality of Panama, like many other Central America country, is that things take time…
read more

Last edited:

Roverholic

Observer
I want to be back on that front patio so bad! Stoked that things are working out so well for you guys. I'm sure Shaun is really excited about fixing up a new place:).
Maybe a location just north of the city...on the beach..with a nice surf break.
Cheers,
Paul

snohobo

And a few others for our first Panama Passage Party!

4-15.jpg

@panamapassage

by the way, I want to say thank you to everyone who have stopped by so far - it really means a lot to have your support.

It is an exciting and sometimes challenging task to start such a business and we really appreciate your visit.

I believe things are progressing extremely well and quickly but there is a lot to manage and cover, from helping to track down a seal for a Cummins to how to ship your dog with you along with your Sprinter...and everything in between.

A few news:

-we have a reliable taxi driver that will take you anywhere around town at "local" price
-we have a great connection for shipping
-we have a new Argentinian guy (Lucas) at the house helping with daily tasks
-we'll have a huge resource binder ready soon, for all relevant information in Panama City

watch this thread from more!

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Looking to increase sales? I've got 3 words for you: Panama Passage Koozies

:victory:

I suggest getting them in the shape of the human body, female and male. :)

It is cool to see you guys taking off like this. Driving the Pan-Am you see/meet a fair amount of other travelers but I would not have guessed so many are shipping to S.America.

I would suggest you make a contact in the Panama 4x4 Club. Tapage (David) who is the founder and president of the club is a really good guy, speaks fluent english/spanish and lives in Panama City. He is very active in the club and also on IH8Mud.com. I am sure if nothing else he can assist with info on remote places to visit in Panama (some really extreme for those interested) and also good mechanics + second hand parts in the city. Many of the guys in the club are very nice people and also live in the city. The club is also country wide so contacts all over the country. If nothing else it is worth grabbing a beer with Tapage some time and listening to him talk about the club and what they have done/are doing in Panama. He also has 2 very sweet TLCs that are extremely :drool: worthy!

http://4x4panama.com/

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
:victory:

I suggest getting them in the shape of the human body, female and male. :)

It is cool to see you guys taking off like this. Driving the Pan-Am you see/meet a fair amount of other travelers but I would not have guessed so many are shipping to S.America.

I would suggest you make a contact in the Panama 4x4 Club. Tapage (David) who is the founder and president of the club is a really good guy, speaks fluent english/spanish and lives in Panama City. He is very active in the club and also on IH8Mud.com. I am sure if nothing else he can assist with info on remote places to visit in Panama (some really extreme for those interested) and also good mechanics + second hand parts in the city. Many of the guys in the club are very nice people and also live in the city. The club is also country wide so contacts all over the country. If nothing else it is worth grabbing a beer with Tapage some time and listening to him talk about the club and what they have done/are doing in Panama. He also has 2 very sweet TLCs that are extremely :drool: worthy!

http://4x4panama.com/

Thanks - we actually met David briefly when I was there. We'll get in touch again when I go back in June.

@panamapassage

Time for some more pictures of recent guests!

George and Aandrea – all the way from Germany. They provided comic releif, really needed to received their solar panels (which they did care of UPS) and ended up using LOLO Flatrack to ship out – and almost lost their truck in the process….! Blog it up here…

georgandrea-600x450.jpg

Pete from the UK (where is that again?) spent a week with us – mostly looking up stuff on his iPhone, eating pizza and drinking beer. He’s off to Colombia now – bt you can read about his travels here...

Pete-450x600.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears