Red October Build

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
i used the link you gave me

i was hoping to get more done today in the amount of time that i had, but oh well.

lenses have been cleared:
dddde31d.jpg

i pulled the center console out and pulled the shifter and cupholder rings to paint them:
3af43bec.jpg

and then i cut the holes in my dash for the switches. i originally was going to put the switches on the side of the center console, but it ended up not having enough clearance, then when i went to put them on the console infront of the shifter i found that my switches were simply too big - so i decided on this and im very happy so far AND im REEEEEALLY happy i didnt screw it up and have to buy some $200 piece of plastic for my dash

4333a702.jpg

otherwise im about half way through wiring the front lights. i have the harness placed and the positives ran to the lights. the only thing i need to do right now is sleeve the remaining amount of wires that have not been done yet, ground the harness, ground the lights, and wire the switch up.

does anyone know what the dash backlighting wire is? i pulled several wires trying to find a common set of wires among the switches and the only one i could find that was common was the purple with a green/greyish line on it. this is confusing!!

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
Yeah, the brand name is VHT. you can get it at any "ricer" autoparts place. I get mine at advanced. Call Ken, i bet he could get you a few cans cheap

It's hard to use properly because there is ALOT of prepwork involved, especially with plastic, and for it to turn out nice you have to have a bit of experience with automotive style painting. Watch a bunch of YouTube videos

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
dash is back together:

08585a01.jpg

fitting and securing the H3 HID bulbs with high-temp super-sticky RTV

2e195f04.jpg

2d8dfad1.jpg

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
More progress!

First, a 1" diameter hole is drilled into the back of the housing for the wires and gasket:

de87c7fe.jpg

Done:

978594c9.jpg

Lights finished:

9ddfb357.jpg

d649680e.jpg

Mounted:
53651f21.jpg

af00bc12.jpg

I'm M-Effing wiring mastermind!

1835c442.jpg

That's all for now, harnesses are almost finished, just a few grounds to put in and a few adjustments here and there. This will be finished tomorrow

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
everything is working and finished. the only thing left that i need to do is aim the lights, which i'll do at night time. the backlighting on the switches work great and i'll have a pic of that up later tonight (ambient light sensor) plus you cant see them much during the day.

b03f7fc8.jpg

f4b8f067.jpg

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
few more updates:

db9b8b51.jpg

d63764a8.jpg

got another birthday present tonight from my mom and step dad, its a start :bike_rider:

General Grabber Red 35x12.50R18 E

88348bae.jpg

i ordered 4 more grabbers this morning, and im going to go get this puppy mounted to the spare in the morning, then give the wheel a fresh coat of black to keep the rust monsters away.

afcfeaa8.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger