Rev's 2008 Nissan Xterra SE

Rev

Adventurer
IMG_2406.jpg

Spike loved the screen room. Sooo many chippies and birdies to watch.
IMG_2509.jpg

IMG_2586.jpg

IMG_2590.jpg

Breakfast of champions = cheese whiz and toast
IMG_2595.jpg

Rev

Adventurer
At one point I felt a sharp pain in my ankle. I looked down to see a black fly the size of a sparrow latched on there. I screamed like a girl, swatted it away, and then killed it with a bag of empty water bottles. When I looked at the fang marks it looked like a vampire had bitten me. Here is the proof!
IMG_2433.jpg

Exploring Arrowhead a little bit.
IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2485.jpg

Spike and my pregnant wifey.
IMG_2463.jpg

IMG_2434.jpg

IMG_2443.jpg

Played some games
IMG_2570.jpg

Rev

Adventurer
This deer was walking through a camp site as the residents of that site sat fifteen feet away. I was driving by and stopped. By the time I got my camera out the deer had quietly walked into the brush.
IMG_2487.jpg

This woodpecker ate breakfast on a tree beside our site every morning. Unfortunately by the time I got the camera on the proper setting with the zoom it had flow away. Here is a blurry shot before I got things figured out.
IMG_2490.jpg

It rained hard one night (close lightning) and the Eureka Northern breeze stayed nice and dry, as did our tent. A tent pitched on high ground with proper cover should stay nice and dry no matter the weather.
IMG_2508.jpg

Gratuitous Xterra shots.
IMG_2542.jpg

IMG_2543.jpg

IMG_2549.jpg

I think Spike enjoyed his first adventure camping. He was grinning the whole time. I think if he could talk he would have said, Is this what you have been doing all these years when I was shipped off to grandma`s house

IMG_2404.jpg

Rusty-Ford

Observer
awesome x and awesome camping pictures...glad you got out to have some fun. Hopefully ill get to take our family out for a few days this summer too!

Thanks for sharing! and keep up the great work on the X! always love pictures!

Rev

Adventurer
Thanks everyone.

Yes those are double thick air mattresses. Very comfy and easy to get in and out of at night when nature calls. :sombrero:

red_5

Adventurer
That's quite a camp. I'm sure there's a little bistro in there somewhere!

Nice rig too.

Not that I'm partial to Xterras or anything :p

Silver dude

Xplorer
Excellent trip report. Luxurious camping:sombrero:

The X is nicely modded lots of useful mods, Love the rock rails and roof rack, nice sticker collection as well. The wheeling pictures really make me jealous I love rocky terrain like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger