RKS Off-Road Motive Trailer

billiebob

Actually they don't claim it is an Off Road Camper....
They call it a Toy Hauler..... with pretty rugged off road abilities.... which it has.

I think it is an awesome unit..... no bigger than required to haul a SxS and offer a bath/kitchen.
Very well done.

I definitely like the modern technology. Minimum propane. Maximum solar. Definitely in touch with the most modern systems.... while supporting old school BBQ and bathing.

It even looks good.

Last edited:

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

Actually they don't claim it is an Off Road Camper....
They call it a Toy Hauler..... with pretty rugged off road abilities.... which it has.

I think it is an awesome unit..... no bigger than required to haul a SxS and offer a bath/kitchen.
Very well done.

I definitely like the modern technology. Minimum propane. Maximum solar. Definitely in touch with the most modern systems.... while supporting old school BBQ and bathing.

It even looks good.

I think it is awesome as well. The spec sheet the guy posted said it had shocks involved with the solid axels. If this is the case I don't know why it wouldn't be considered off road. I mean it is RKS Offroad right?

Anyone have any recent contact or information on the Motive? After a SM blitz over the summer I have not seen anything from them. I know a few folks that are excited for the Motive.

rvndawgz

Well, I email chatted with Travis / owner / designer and he said they are waiting for the next round of investing to go through. So, he is anticipating March/April timeframe for the Motive to hit the market.

ROA-OFFROAD

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
Given it literally says off-road on the camper I think it is being sold as an off-road camper.
View attachment 746607

Even if this trailer has solid axles it will 100% be off road capable. Sure, maybe you wont go rock crawling, but the rig is stout and built very well. They decided to go with the solid axles because they wanted to make sure it could handle the extra weight from a side by side inside of the rig. Even with the solid axles, it had plenty of clearance and I imagine its more capable than most people will actually take advantage of.

Where_to?

I’ll be the necromancer of this thread, any word from anyone at this company? I emailed months ago just to see if I would get a response and did not.
This trailer seemed to check almost every box, figures the one I find is not in production….

Last I heard is they were seeking funding and I believe that was last spring. Not looking good for RKS. If your wanting the Motive toy hauler type trailer try Rover Offroad out of Twin Falls, ID.

Treefarmer1

I’ll be the necromancer of this thread, any word from anyone at this company? I emailed months ago just to see if I would get a response and did not.
This trailer seemed to check almost every box, figures the one I find is not in production….
I'd say RKS is done. Are you interested in their Purpose model or the Motive model? If it's the Purpose, you have many other options. If it's the Motive, Rover Offroad is a good place to start, but they are definitely a more expensive, custom option.

Where_to?

Yeah it was Motive. I did poke around on Dune Sport. They actually called me today after building one out. I have slowly been settling on the lack of “ruggedness” actually needed. Plans are still way up in the air but I did like the ability to totally spec a trailer for us. Sure build quality won’t compare to Rover or this mythical Motive, but it would fit better in the budget and should survive the open road and random forest road? I’m still deep in research on what we might actually want. We have no “toys”. Looking for desk spaces for remote work and living full time for a couple weeks at a time. Towing with an 11’ LR4 I need to really consider tongue weight limitations and the shorter wheelbase. Shooting from the hip, I don’t think I want to go longer than 24-ish feet.
Current idea is to have my rover for trails and park this thing close in a campground or similar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78