rock sliders for super duty?

johnlogan

I'm not sure yet about how the rails will perform offroad. I finished them a couple of weeks ago and I haven't had a chance to test them. I have some clearance from the body so hopefully it won't be an issue.

mustangwarrior

Adventurer
i may build them in two peices, one under the cab, the other under the bed, i need a step to get in my toolbox, and i already bottomed out the cab on a rock once, and thats enough for me

nick325i

Adventurer
I know this is an old thread, but has anyone started making a rock slider / step for a Super Duty or any other full size truck or is it a custom every time thing still?

TrailWhale

Observer
Hey Nick,
Check out VPR4x4.com (or Viper 4x4 on a Google search), they have a set of sliders available. They do mount to the body and not to the frame, but they do work. I Have a set and have used them quite a few times already and they haven't budged a bit. Even by lifting the truck with a hi-lift, they don't even move. The only thing I don't like about them is they don't go past the cab to the rear tire. I do have a local fabrication shop fixing that, but they are a good start.

nick325i

Adventurer
Hey Nick,
Check out VPR4x4.com (or Viper 4x4 on a Google search), they have a set of sliders available. They do mount to the body and not to the frame, but they do work. I Have a set and have used them quite a few times already and they haven't budged a bit. Even by lifting the truck with a hi-lift, they don't even move. The only thing I don't like about them is they don't go past the cab to the rear tire. I do have a local fabrication shop fixing that, but they are a good start.

Sounds good. I'll check them out.

nick325i

Adventurer
Hey Nick,

Those look like an option. I would really like to find some like the photo below. The person who made those doesn't seem to be building

TrailWhale

Observer
Look at N-Fab, I know a while back they were making a set of sliders that went wheel to wheel and tucked up pretty nice to the body. But again, those also mounted to the body and not the frame. Keep guys have and body mounted rocker protection for years, and it doesn't seem to bother those guys. I know it's a huge difference between a 4K pound jeep and an 8K pound+ full size truck, but the rockers on our trucks are a lot stronger than you'd think. Like I said, I've used my sliders a few times and have had great results.

I've been trying to post a pic, but photobucket is being a PITA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger