Rover Warrior.... LR3 Build engagement pics

srschick

Adventurer
I believe there's a write-up about the conversion on disco3.co.uk forum.

correction: you don't have to lift up the engine, including removing the exhaust piping and crossmember.

Derel1cte

Adventurer
MontyMog, please let us know the part # of that steel pan conversion you got from rsgear. I will need a tranny service soon and this would be such a nice upgrade. Looking forward to the write up. Thanks.

MontyMog

Rolling Thunder
Parts came in today. I love how it's a pan for a bmw. The part numbers and company contact are in pics.

Attachments

• DSC_0302.jpg
    DSC_0302.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_0301.jpg
    DSC_0301.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC_0299.jpg
    DSC_0299.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_0303.jpg
    DSC_0303.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC_0304.jpg
    DSC_0304.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 64

srschick

Adventurer
Monty,
I'm getting ready to run the cabling for the lightbar switch, how difficult was it to run to the location you have? I assume up the drivers side A-piller? was there much room behind that upper panel, as far as mounting depth for the switch?

MontyMog

Rolling Thunder
The hardest part is getting it through the firewall. The a pillar is one torx screw and then for the head liner are the screws for the sun visor. With a coat hanger it's an easy run. Are u mounting one switch or a couple?

srschick

Adventurer
I'm installing 2 switches, one for the front light bars, and one for future set of LED pods in the rear. I figure I may as well run the second switch for the pods while I'm in there.

MontyMog

Rolling Thunder
Installed the metal pan today. I still had to remove the cross member and raise the motor to get to the front screws on the old pan. With the new bolts this will not be needed. Sorry I wasn't able to take pics.... it was beyond a messy job. I also changed the fluid in the diffs and transfer case. For the second time Atlantic British sent me the wrong parts. The first time it was 2 lower control arm nuts and this time the rear diff plug was wrong. Will have to email them. This is a little upsetting because I had planned on ordering the coolant hose kit and a couple other parts. They were right on with the fluids though.

jhawk

Adventurer
I'm tired with Atlantic British telling me they serve both coasts. I'm in Phoenix and almost everything I order is shipped from New York, and takes darn near a week if I am lucky. British Pacific never did that.

MontyMog

Rolling Thunder
Looking for a little advice.

So I only have a few items left on the build list
Sliders
Lockers
Rear drawers

I have also started looking at tear drops to use as a base camp.

that being said I have run into a MAJOR issue
I saw a video for the DJI Inspire 1 https://youtu.be/nT5U9T9Uyok........ and now I want it.
So.... it's that or install front and rear lockers......... because they are both the same price.

yes eventually I will have both but I can't decided which one first.

thoughts?

jerdog53

Explorer
Personally I think you can live without the lockers. The traction control works very well and is rather impressive and thats coming from a guy that used to drive a Rubicon. In the 10 years I owned that vehicle I needed the lockers maybe 3 times. That being said I also could do without the quadcopter but that just me. So I would do the sliders first and foremost then look into drawers but if your going to do a teardrop then why get drawers?

MontyMog

Rolling Thunder
Teardrop would be used as a base camp so the drawers would be for tools and what not. They really aren't a high priority. The sliders are a weekend with a buddy welding. I don't need the quad either but the shots I could get and the videos I could make with that thing.... limitless!! it makes the illusion of sponsorship seem possible......yet still a pipe dream.

A.J.M

Explorer
I would get sliders first.

A decent set of rock and tree ones, will act as a step to get in/out the car. Protect the sills when going over rocks and help keep the doors from getting bashed. Some also extend under the car to the chassis so will also protect the compressor and air reservoir.

I've a set of Terrafirma ones and they have saved the car a few times from damage. Mine don't protect the compressor and reservoir though. I managed to break the compressor holding clips and i've 2 dents in the reservoir.

Sliders before the locker's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman